What's new

What Do you do to secure your iPhone?

The 4 digit pass code is actually very easy to remove from iPhones I had to get it done for my 11 year old when he forgot his

Unless you can demonstrate how - without restoring to factory using iTunes - I call total BS on this. There is no way to simply remove the passcode.

That's how it's done by restoring if somebody robs your phone they don't care if it's restored to factory or not they just want the code removed and this can be done on any iTunes not just the one your synced to

The original question was how to secure from theft or unauthorised use if the phone is restored it wipes the code and can be used again

The 4 digit can be done w iTunes and restore yes.theres a way but not everyone knows how lol

I recommend a paid insurance that has their gps with your IMIE cause they don't want to pay for replacement. Nowadays it's pricey but worth it if you want to be insured againts theft you have to have their gps app on to find the phone. Plus it finds your phone on specific times intervals and whether locations are on OR off. There's always a way for a thief anyways... I think that's why iPhones are so cheap on craigslist

thewitt said:
Unless you can demonstrate how - without restoring to factory using iTunes - I call total BS on this. There is no way to simply remove the passcode.

I agree. It's Known that the encryption is set deep into the iPhone and even law enforcement departments are unable to bypass this code to look at the data stored onto it.

I use the 4 and no password at all.:camera:

Then you my friend are accepting the risk of your information being accessed.

I also didn't use the passcode because I thought it time consuming to enter the code each time and that I would never lose my iPhone. My 4 was pick pocketed from me and am thankful that I had the jail break tweak called app locker.

I have something called cylay. It has gps function. Disable turn off function and it can also take a picture and location if a password is entered wrong or on demand.