What's new

wet iphone and blow drying...hellp!!!

irecami

Reaction score
Hi. This morning my iphone 5 fell in the toilet, it was for about 2 seconds, I took it out and the first idea that came into my mind was to blow dry it. I did this at high heat for about 5 minutes and everything was working fine until I got the "your iphone needs to cool down" screen. This was on for about 10 minutes (and the iphone was hot) and the it worked fine. i used it all the morning but now i have it off, without sim card, sitting in a ziploc full or rice...
Is it going to work? How long should I keep in rice???

Hi. This morning my iphone 5 fell in the toilet, it was for about 2 seconds, I took it out and the first idea that came into my mind was to blow dry it. I did this at high heat for about 5 minutes and everything was working fine until I got the "your iphone needs to cool down" screen. This was on for about 10 minutes (and the iphone was hot) and the it worked fine. i used it all the morning but now i have it off, without sim card, sitting in a ziploc full or rice...
Is it going to work? How long should I keep in rice???

Keep it in the rice for a few days minimum. I hope you were able to turn it off. I rather be lucky
than smart any day. Good luck ! Drjoepa

Take iphone to repair at the aftermarket Shop .In China phone battery problems appeared to several accidents recently.I hope my answer can help you!

Don't use hot air to dry your phone! it can mess it up even worse, and always wait at least 4 days until your turn it on again.

Same thing happened to me a year ago. My wife dropped her iPhone 4s in a cup full of water. All I did was turn it off right away and put it in a bag full of rice. I kept it in there for 5 days and then I got it out of the bag, I opened the phone and cleaned it really well and then I turned it back on and it worked.. my wife still has it and it works just fine :)

I am so happy I don't have to worry about water damaging my phone, I have a Lifeproof case which is water proof, snow proof, dirt proof and shock proof. I highly recommend the case.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net