What's new

did your iphone 4 get wet and still work?

draymond

Reaction score
Mine got a little wet, shut off, anyway it came back on but now the screen doesn't recognize my finger, can't swipe, also home button doesnt seem to work when i try to reset or any other time, other than that its fine but unusable...
its been about 6 hours drying now..
any helpful hints would be a help

How to get it wet? Drop into the water? You should let it dry before u turn it on.

Its in a bag of rice now for last hour, It was in my pocket, riding my R1 when i hit a storm!

Radio shack sells an emergency "wet phone" kit. I think it runs about $20 but it looked like it would work very well.

I dropped my iPhone 4 into the toilet after cleaning. I did what people say not to do...I immediately blew into the bottom of it and all sorts of water came out. After 1 day in open air it worked fine. It was completely submerged.

Radio shack sells an emergency "wet phone" kit. I think it runs about $20 but it looked like it would work very well.

I dropped my iPhone 4 into the toilet after cleaning. I did what people say not to do...I immediately blew into the bottom of it and all sorts of water came out. After 1 day in open air it worked fine. It was completely submerged.

You are very lucky. Good that it worked out for you.

I agree. Giving my iPhone mouth to mouth after it was in the toilet wasn't exactly what I wanted to do but my options were slim at the time.

Lol. I had actually just cleaned the toilet. But is still gross. Lol

i took the back and battery out, put it in a bag of rice all night.
nothing changed, everything was working except slider and home button.
took to apple, she said in the future dont take it apart.
any who, she swapped it for $200, :( i should of asked for a white one

ps. she took it in the back, came back and said the face needed replacing.

Last edited:
It will be much better keeping it in the rice bag. I have did this and it was a tip from my friend who is using iphone for about 3 years.