What's new

Well... Had to Move On from it :(

Scottysize

Reaction score
So after a little more than a month with the 6, I was really diggin' it. It was smooth, ran great, no issues, except the hotspot. It took me a few days, but I finally remembered why I left the iPhone 5 in the dust... the hotspot. I use the hotspot daily with all kinds of devices. I thought by now, that they would have fixed it so it works with other than Apple products. Nope. The only way it works with another product is to turn off LTE, which is stupid, because I want the LTE speed. So, mom wants an iPhone. Originally I had ordered her one, but I cancelled the order and I'm giving her mine. Picked up the Droid Turbo and will be using it.

As for the hotspot, I've complained many times before and Apple doesn't seam to care, so guess I'll not be back. It's was a great phone though and the hotspot works great for other Apple products. Too bad they won't let it work with Android and Windows.

What carrier do you have? I can use LTE with Verizon. I just got 14Mbps on my Windows laptop with my iPhone hotspot on LTE.

Verizon. Do you have to turn off 4G, because our Windows 7 laptop won't connect with 4G on. Neither will her android phone. It's been that way since the iPhone 5. The 6 was the same.

Copied from the Apple site:

Use Personal Hotspot to share your iPhone Internet connection. Computers can share your Internet connection using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or a USB cable. Other iOS devices can share the connection using Wi-Fi. Personal Hotspot works only if iPhone is connected to the Internet over the cellular data network.

Note: This feature may not be available with all carriers. Additional fees may apply. Contact your carrier for more information.

So this sounds like it's not the iphone, it's your wireless plan.

Maybe it is my wireless plan. I'm on unlimited so maybe that's my problem. Sorry for blaming the phone.

I did not have to turn off 4G/LTE. Not sure why you had issues, but it was not the phone.