What's new

First Time iPhone User

LinuxGeek2008

Reaction score
After purchasing my first MacBook in July, and my first iPad in October, I decided to complete the trifecta and get an iPhone. I've been using Droids since the first one came out, and though my overall experience with the Droid line has been good, I felt it was time to change when the hotspot feature became unstable, preventing me from getting work done on the road. The AT&T store had some 3GS phones in stock, free with a two year contract. I agreed to that, knowing that I have 30 days to change my mind.

So far, the experience with the iPhone has been quite good. Hotspot tethering was easy to set up, and hasn't given me any problems. Apps on my iPad synced nicely to the phone. The absence of a stock navigation app and a stock speech-to-text (great for texting on the go) app were quickly solved by some browsing through the App Store. Combing through other threads in the Forum also helped.

I am impressed overall with the iPhone, and I'm using "dated technology." Knowing what lies ahead at upgrade time, I just might stay an iPhone user. What can I say, these Apple products "just work."

welcome!

Apple products have a way of doing that... my first was the iphone then macbook pro and then onto the ipad. But yeah they do work and they are reliable.

Gidday and welcome to the forum!!!! :)