What's new

First Time iPhone owner...

stuberger

Reaction score
Hey all...first time iPhone 4 owner...was going to go with a Droid but decided to go with a iPhone...hope my choice was the right one. As of now, I am pretty happy overall...wish the phone had some more customizing available for the end user and wish that Face thing was able to be used over 3G and not just WiFi. Thank ... Verizon finally got it!

Welcome! I've have/had both phones. There are pros and cons to each. If you want to customize your iPhone read up on jail breaking.

Mike

mwhartman said:
Welcome! I've have/had both phones. There are pros and cons to each. If you want to customize your iPhone read up on jail breaking.

Mike

Does that complicate the warranty? Which phone have you found to like better BTW? My wife's phone is up for a upgrade and will be deciding to give her this phone and wait till either the iPhone5 or the Droid Thunderbolt comes out this next few months respectfully...

Hey all...first time iPhone 4 owner...was going to go with a Droid but decided to go with a iPhone...hope my choice was the right one. As of now, I am pretty happy overall...wish the phone had some more customizing available for the end user and wish that Face thing was able to be used over 3G and not just WiFi. Thank ... Verizon finally got it!

Two things: first, the iPhone rules over the DroidX, I know. Second, Facetime os OK, but the free Skype app is better. Works over 3G, etc....

You can Skype over 3g and pretty much do facetime with that. Its free too. And as for your warranty, yea, that goes out the window, unless you find a way to restore it before you send it into apple for a repair.

mwhartman said:

Mike

Does that complicate the warranty? Which phone have you found to like better BTW? My wife's phone is up for a upgrade and will be deciding to give her this phone and wait till either the iPhone5 or the Droid Thunderbolt comes out this next few months respectfully...

If you jail brake an iPhone or root a Droid you void the warranty. I did not jail brake my iPhone but I did root my Droid. Now, I can not imagine not hacking any phone that I purchase.

I'm an avid Apple user. I love my 3G. The biggest issue is the carrier (AT&T) not the device.

For me, the Droid has two advantages. First, my wife and I travel a lot. I can tether my Droid to my MacBookPro and have internet service. Second, the voice navigation. We use it when we travel because it is better than the built in navigation of my RX350.

I believe that Apples apps are more polished. Admittedly they are slightly more expensive but they work well and offer a excellent selection.

Just my experience.

Mike

So far I like the iPhone 4 however, I don't think I'm going to JB this thing since this phone will eventually go to the WAF as soon as either the iP5 comes out or I change my mind and go with the Thunderbolt coming out soon. I have gotten a chance to play with a Droid X and really wasn't that impressed. If what I have been reading up on the new iP5 is close to true then that will be the new phone for me. I just don't want to JB my phone and then find the need for warranty repair or having to update software on iTunes and needing to trash the JB and go through all the rig-a-ma-roll to re-apply the JB again. I don't use that many apps and or ring tones to justify JBing.

Btw..doesn't the iP4 have the option for using the phone for Internet connection?