What's new

Welcome to the iPhone 8 Forum

I hope this will be a jump in tech not just a slight move

I've been keeping up with all of the iPhone 8 rumors and I've really wanted to get it when it's released. I've told everyone my plan is to order one at midnight on release day.

--- However ---

Anyone seen the Essential Phone? It's got me wanting to go back to Android... :eek: It's almost a completely boarderless phone with all the main specs and it's simply amazing. It's what Google should have produced. If they had the teal available for pre-order, I'd be jumping ship when it was released. However, it's not one of the 2 colors being released. Still. I'm leaning toward going back to Android with the Essential phone. If the 8 is not close to this phone, I will be jumping ship o_O

I've been keeping up with all of the iPhone 8 rumors and I've really wanted to get it when it's released. I've told everyone my plan is to order one at midnight on release day.

--- However ---

Anyone seen the Essential Phone? It's got me wanting to go back to Android... :eek: It's almost a completely boarderless phone with all the main specs and it's simply amazing. It's what Google should have produced. If they had the teal available for pre-order, I'd be jumping ship when it was released. However, it's not one of the 2 colors being released. Still. I'm leaning toward going back to Android with the Essential phone. If the 8 is not close to this phone, I will be jumping ship o_O

It looks to be nice build ...I registered to pre order but might just pass on it ...it would've been nice if it included water resistance...specs in line with all new Android phones ..I'm to this day not a fan of rear fingerprint sensors ..it should start selling within 30 days ...

It looks to be nice build ...I registered to pre order but might just pass on it ...it would've been nice if it included water resistance...specs in line with all new Android phones ..I'm to this day not a fan of rear fingerprint sensors ..it should start selling within 30 days ...
So my Pixel XL has the rear finger print and it's perfectly located, same place as the Essential phone. I don't even think about it. My finger goes right to it. (The Galaxy 8's location is idiotic and worthless.) As for the pre-order, had they offered the teal, I'd be pre-ordered too. Yes. It should have been water resistant, That's a pretty big downside. Some are saying there should be a headset jack, but I don't care. I hate wires and this thing is wireless.

So my Pixel XL has the rear finger print and it's perfectly located, same place as the Essential phone. I don't even think about it. My finger goes right to it. (The Galaxy 8's location is idiotic and worthless.) As for the pre-order, had they offered the teal, I'd be pre-ordered too. Yes. It should have been water resistant, That's a pretty big downside. Some are saying there should be a headset jack, but I don't care. I hate wires and this thing is wireless.

I don't care for headset jack as well ...I have my phone on desk plenty especially at work to unlock is a pain on the back ...

I am expecting it to be superior to the Samsung 8. But if it is actually 1000 bucks it better be a giant leap forward.
But....they keep talking about the new 8 but that is not suppose to be released until November /December and 7S
is suppose to be released in October.

So.......when we hear news about the upcoming 8 .....is it related to the 7S or the 8?.

If all the new changes are related to the 8, what are they going to do for the 7S?

Every time we hear something about the new phone from Apple it is always about. the 8.

What about the 7S.....new chip and leave everything else alone?

No one knows what it'll be called. If there's an S version of the 7, it'll look exactly the same with just a faster chip. Apple's never changed the S versions in the past. So, yes, if it's 8 talk explaining the new bezeless design, that's not the S version. I'm sure the 7S will be released at the normal October release date, but that's not the phone that everyone's waiting on, so that's not the phone everyone's trying to get the scoop on.

Reactions: 933
I just can't see Apple releasing the 7s and 7s plus and then a month to 2 later drop the iPhone 8. Or the anniversary version. Whatever it will be called. I just don't see it hitting the stores until the end of the year or spring 2018. They will give a little time for the 7s phone sales to slow before they drop another phone. Just don't think dropping 2 phones that close together would be profitable. But I darn sure ain't no expert when it comes to things like this. We can only hope to see the iPhone 8 out before the New Year. That is JMHO. To All, Have a Blessed Day!!

I just can't see Apple releasing the 7s and 7s plus and then a month to 2 later drop the iPhone 8. Or the anniversary version. Whatever it will be called. I just don't see it hitting the stores until the end of the year or spring 2018. They will give a little time for the 7s phone sales to slow before they drop another phone. Just don't think dropping 2 phones that close together would be profitable. But I darn sure ain't no expert when it comes to things like this. We can only hope to see the iPhone 8 out before the New Year. That is JMHO. To All, Have a Blessed Day!!
All we can do is wait and see. Apple has surprised us in the past.

They started production of the iPhone 8 a week or so ago at FoxConn. I saw a few articles and they said that they were already shipping the necessary supplies.

I forget the numbers, but they concluded that the average phone owner replaces their phone every 3 years. Then they determined how many phones were in circulation and due to be replaced. Sales of the 7 have slowed and the 6 has fallen even further.

So, they are projecting greater sales of the 8 than previous releases because more people will be replacing their old iPhone for a new 8 and a small percentage will leave Android and move to an iPhone. They are not buying current models because they are waiting to see what the 8 will be like. So, they will either buy the new 8 or buy a 7 for $100 less than the current price.

It's interesting that people that buy iPhones buy another one and are less likely to move to an Android.
The churn rate of leaving iPhones to Android is much, much less than those that leave Android.
So, you can generally expect sales of a new iPhone to be the same or better than the last released phone based on its sales history.

Everyone is waiting for the new release in September to see what the new phone will look like. Whatever they end up with, it's going to be good.

The only reason their sales will not be as great as expected is if it is priced too high.