What's new

iPhone 8 half price?

hologram

Reaction score
Hello, it’s been a while since I’ve been in the iPhone forums. Not sure if this is the area to post this. Question is does anyone remember the iPhone 8 commercials saying it was like half off or around 250.00? I think it was about 4 months ago. Anyway bought one from a store in Walmart and was promised to pay like 250.00 plus activation. Paid the activation and had a phone that made calls but later would not go on line while away from the house. She also said when AT&T sends you the bill it might say full price but not to worry because it will be adjusted by the next bill. So when I got the first bill called AT&T to make sure and they weren’t any help saying there aren’t any iPhones that cheep. Week later the commercial was on tv for half off. AT&T even charged me for another activation fee at one point. Then ended up talking to AT&T again and she said the only way to get that deal is to have direct tv. We wanted a new tv provider and the deal was ok. AT&T said my phone was 250.00 now. So we get the bill again and still says I’m paying 600.00 for the iPhone 8 even after all these commercials I see for half off? My father even got hung up on by AT&T today because he said let me talk because she wouldn’t stop talking. Guess that made her mad. So who’s ripping me off? What’s best to do? We’ve been patient and nice so far to all of them.

Never heard of 1/2 off. I do know they have been running buy one and get one free with activation of new line. Take it with a grain of salt as I am not sure I am even totally correct. But it’s what I have seen on TV lately.

Actually it was a promotion of half off the phone plus the phone store in Walmart had another 100.00 off. That brought me down to 250.00 plus activation. The commercial was for half off and was actually about 5 months ago.

Last edited:
Sounds like an issue between WalMart, AT&T, and the sales people either not telling you the truth or telling you something you aren't (or didn't) hearing.

Did you have anything in writing?

Yes, as I signed several papers looking over them the best I could and her telling me what each one was especially the one that I saw saying the phone was clearly 250.00 and she said this one proves your only paying 250.00 for the phone and I could see that. But I screwed up I think. When I got home I looked at the papers and the 250.00 dollar one I had no copy and the others didn’t even have signatures on them. Plus one set says I’m paying, actually in my fathers name 650.00. It’s like she switched the papers. We even went back there at one point and talked with the same person and she went through everything and all was suppse to be straightened out. She even said not to come back all upset when we get the bill which we didn’t. She makes it sound like this is all suppse to magically straighten out itself yet AT&T knows nothing about it. But ATT even said they straightened it out like twice now one time buying into getting direct tv and them saying yep your phone is now only 250.00. And I ask like 3 times to make sure theirs no catches. What are these people doing? Oh, and she also said while I was first getting this phone some guy went in there all mad. I may not be the only one she’s done this to. I think she’s the boss there and it’s a separate phone store in Walmart. Top it off few weeks later my Apple account was used to buy a bunch of music. I’ve never purchased music or anything like that ever. She was the only one ever in my phone and was actually in it quite a bit. For all I know she was sending info to her phone.

Last edited:
Sounds like she was working off commission and played you!! I would be checking my bill very closely if I were you and also I would change all my passwords to your Apple account. JMHO’s.