What's new

Weather

IMG_2276.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2275.jpg
    IMG_2275.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 50
A good vacuum cleaner will do the thing! [emoji856][emoji1785][emoji3061][emoji40]

It only looks easily swept or vacuumed but it's not - as I think the individual particles are very heavy from rock content. It's like powdered cement and a gallon bucket weighs over 40 lbs. But water washing unless with almost like a firehouse only creates muck everywhere - and we have to use water very sparingly because of the ongoing drought. So it's a devils choice to clean. [emoji15]

It only looks easily swept or vacuumed but it's not - as I think the individual particles are very heavy from rock content. It's like powdered cement and a gallon bucket weighs over 40 lbs. But water washing unless with almost like a firehouse only creates muck everywhere - and we have to use water very sparingly because of the ongoing drought. So it's a devils choice to clean. [emoji15]
If you’re planning on doing any concrete work this summer, save a few buckets of the volcanic ash. The Romans mixed it into their concrete and it’s lasted for 2,000 years.

I fiddled with the 'local PWS' ( Private Weather Station) setting as my indications were getting unsettling. I think our local beach station may have taken a hit from simply the ash buildup so was reporting changes from the mid 20's to mid 30's over a half hour period, earlier. So I inhibited it and calm has returned as it now will use a composite of local PWS - Weathermate as a fiddlers dream at least allows a lot of 'under the hood' tweaking of its information and display setup.

IMG_3769.jpg