What's new

Vibrate on iphone11

dave307

Reaction score
Having problems with a iPhone 11 vibrate setup.Cant get the vibrate to function at all.
Tried all sorts of different setups under settings with no luck.
As with the iPhone six & 7 the vibrate was good if it was in my pocket and a call or message came through I would it with the vibrate.
But with iphone11 completely useless.
Does anyone here have similar situation?.
I wold be glad for some info to. see if apple has done away with the vibrate or do I have a faulty iPhone?
It’s all about the vibrate setup I have tried all sorts of methods,followed a lots of advice on line forums with no luck. Sometimes when I pick up the phone it feels as there is something rattling inside at the bottom end of the phone.

Apart from that everything else is working.

Would it be worth trying a reinstall?

Have you had any other people with this issue.

I know that it’s not a major problem. But it should be working.

Thanks David

Is this a second hand phone? You shouldn’t hear any rattling. That suggests it may have suffered a fall or other damage.

Maybe the vibration motor is broken and is causing the rattling sound.

The Taptic Engine is below the battery, next to the charging port.
437652A7-A200-4C6F-9F87-D100727F94DE.jpeg

Thanks for reply. The phone is brand new last august from apple.
I can't get hold of apple sent messages, but due to the Covid-19 nobody replies.
Thanks.

Thanks for reply. The phone is brand new last august from apple.
I can't get hold of apple sent messages, but due to the Covid-19 nobody replies.
Thanks.
Use the Apple Support app, it’s a separate one available in the App Store. You can start the service request there. And if you have AppleCare+ it should still be active, call the Apple help line or have them call you.

I followed your reply and went to apple help.
and yes they did help and got it up and running. But on the iPhone 11 the vibration is not as good as the iPhone 7 Its not so fierce as 7.
Thanks.

I followed your reply and went to apple help.
and yes they did help and got it up and running. But on the iPhone 11 the vibration is not as good as the iPhone 7 Its not so fierce as 7.
Thanks.
Could the difference be the case you are using? Perhaps a more protective case muffles the vibration compared to your older iPhone. Having owned neither of the models you did, I can not compare experience.
Do you know what they had you do to remedy the issue? It might help someone else if you can share the info.

Sorry for the delay.
Just went through all the settings from the very beginning,I must have missed something.