What's new

Help using iFile to modify vibration settings

Rik756

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've searched hi and low and even tried installing vibrafacations on iOS 5.0.1 (knowing it was buggy) with no luck on any of it. I'm trying to change the default SMS vibration setting to say 5 short vibrations for SMS. I've read serveral posts about having to SSH into the phone (a little iffy to try that so far) and I've read that the entire plist file has to be deleted and replaced with a new one to make the change.

Is there a simple line of code somewhere in there than I can just change from the stock 2 vibes to X to get that number of vibes?

Since I can create custom vibrations for call, is there a file mod that will link those vibrations to SMS too? (I'm still amazed that this isn't stock)

Is there an app similar to vibrafacations that work on iOS 5.0.1 that will let me do this if the above is not as simple as it seems like it should be?

Thanks!

Rick

I'm glad you've asked this. I think the short text vibration is the weakest part of an otherwise great phone. It seems like a major oversight that this can't be tweaked. Hopefully someone knows a work around.

I'm glad you've asked this. I think the short text vibration is the weakest part of an otherwise great phone. It seems like a major oversight that this can't be tweaked. Hopefully someone knows a work around.

I know they are out there but on other websites and using programs I don't have or I'm not familiar with. I was really hoping someone here had figured it out. Seems maybe not to be the case. I can't even find and app that does what Vibrafications did on any of the repos.