What's new

Weird vibration

UckoDucko

Reaction score
When I change from ringer to silent with the the control on the side of the phone, the vibration it makes doesn't feel or sound right.

It's basically two distinctive blobs of vibration rather than the normal, fast, mono-vibration.

I have two iPhone 6s', and it happens on both. I tried switching the Taptic engine between the two phones, and it still happens in both.

When I receive a call or try out different vibrations, it works perfectly fine. Could the button itself be the problem? Any help would be appreciated greatly.

I don't think there's a problem at all. Mine does the same thing, like two quick thumps instead of a vibration. Maybe a change that was made with iOS 11?

I don't think there's a problem at all. Mine does the same thing, like two quick thumps instead of a vibration. Maybe a change that was made with iOS 11?

It was on 10.3.3 and done it, my uncles does the normal quick vibration thing but it's on an older ios. I'm hoping its meant to be like it is otherwise its a pretty hard issue to find and fix.

Okay, I did a little more digging. It's the same "two tap" feedback that the taptic engine uses. It's been around since iOS 10. Mine does the two-taps, my wife's 6 does the regular vibrate, which doesn't have taptic. I just never paid any attention to it I guess. I'm sure it's intended to work that way.

My iPhone 7 Plus does the same, my iPhone SE doesn’t. I suppose it depends on your device, not the iOS installed.

Okay, I did a little more digging. It's the same "two tap" feedback that the taptic engine uses. It's been around since iOS 10. Mine does the two-taps, my wife's 6 does the regular vibrate, which doesn't have taptic. I just never paid any attention to it I guess. I'm sure it's intended to work that way.

My iPhone 7 Plus does the same, my iPhone SE doesn’t. I suppose it depends on your device, not the iOS installed.

Yeah as DaveM said it's the Taptic engine that can do that two tap vibration, and my guess is the SE doesn't have Taptic since the 5s didn't. Anyways it's a relief to know it's not broken.