What's new

Very confused about my iphone 3GS, had it plugged in for almost 3 1/2 hrs. to update-

scrabble

Reaction score
Plugged my iphone 3gs into my desktop this morning to update and it was connected for almost 3 1/2 hours. Very confused about messages I received about updating, backing up, restoring, ICloud, Wifi. Didn't know if I should allow I-Cloud or Wifi, as I really don't know what i-cloud is. I don't know what the heck was going on. Is it normal for it to take this long to update software. Hope I didn't mess anything up on it. Thoughts/comments appreciated. Thanks.

Well it takes a while to download IOS 5 (about 2 hours since it's 600 MB) and since iTunes had to back up,sync, restore and update, it took about 30 mins, and yes icloud is normal and everything else, that's just part of the new IOS 5 update. iCloud let's you sync and back up your iPhone without having to be connected to a computer ^.^ so everything that happened was just part of the progress, you're all good. Hope I helped.

Like-A-Boss

iPhone3GS said:
Well it takes a while to download IOS 5 (about 2 hours since it's 600 MB) and since iTunes had to back up,sync, restore and update, it took about 30 mins, and yes icloud is normal and everything else, that's just part of the new IOS 5 update. iCloud let's you sync and back up your iPhone without having to be connected to a computer ^.^ so everything that happened was just part of the progress, you're all good. Hope I helped.

Like-A-Boss

Perfectly stated!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Thanks. I took my iphone to an AT&T Store and they connected it to their WIFI and they updated it for me in about ten minutes. I do not understand Wi-Fi. I am a newbie since May and very tech challenged.