What's new

Jailbreaking/Unlocking/Update to 5.0.1

mountainbig

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just bought by first Iphone 3gs and i used Android for past 2 years. i am exited about my new Iphone and i want to completely "OWN" it. i have looked at the available options on this site in hacking and i am just s confused. i am very tech savvy so i can figure out what to do but i am completely new at this Iphone thing so please be gentle.

I would like to customize my phone so i am happy with the knowledge that i have the power to add delete and manage anything on my phone without having to go to apple.
with that said i am on prepaid service ST which piggy backs on AT&T so no worries about the carrier there.

what should i do first if i don't want to transform my phone to a very expensive paper weight?

1) should i Update to newest OS (current 4.3.5 version. modem firmware 5.16.02)?
2) should i Unlock it first? should i even unlock it? very confused
3) should i jailbreak it? i know i know but as i said i am completely new at this Iphone thing.

yes i have looked through all the valuable information in this site which can be a bit confusing and contradictory but i would appreciate if someone would share their wisdom on what to do in what order and what not to do(preferably if they have first hand experience in making their iphone "Cool" and not turning Iphone 3gs to a paper weight :) )

if you point out just the necessary order of the above and if they would make my phone "Better" that would make you awesome person!
if you point out the necessary order of the above and provide useful links to perform the changes that would make you super awesome person!!
If you just want to share your pictures of Iphone 3gs and what you have done with it you are welcome to do so for some "ohhh" and "Ahhh" and maybe just maybe some applause!

Thanks in advance.

Are you certain that you can use your iPhone with any sim card from any carrier? if that's the case and you are certain, then it means that your iPhone is a factory unlocked iPhone, you can go ahead and upgrade the iOS and download redsnow to jailbreak it.
You do not need to care about unlocking your iPhone if you are certain that your iPhone is a factory unlock one, to make sure about this, get another carrier sim card and insert it in the iPhone to see if it will read the signals or not.

If you want to use your iphone without sim card then it is necessary to have jailbreaking completely to your iphone.

marksmith12 said:
If you want to use your iphone without sim card then it is necessary to have jailbreaking completely to your iphone before software. It is the one of the best tool found on internet. It completely jailbreaks and unlock your iphone. It's safe, secure and fast.

Is this software you have to pay for?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Is this software you have to pay for?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Yes it is and we advise not to use it since they are probably selling free tools from the dev team! Always stay away from pay to unlock or jailbreak sites as. None times out of ten they are scammers or just selling free tools and claim it works with firmware and basebands that it does not