What's new

Magically appearing G-Toolkit in my update queue??

haldunk

Reaction score
Hello all,

At my last app update I came across an application in my update queue called G-Toolkit from Evolence Productions Ltd. I have never installed an application with this name and a quick search about the application gives me the reason to believe that this app is very broken app at best or a Trojan at the worst.

I have three questions:

1) how can an application I have not installed before can be listed in my update queue?

2) is there a way to remove an app from my update queue? Note that as I don't have the G-Toolkit installed in my phone I cannot simply uninstall it.

3) has this happened to anybody else?

Thank you in advance for any and all information.

I got the same thing in my list of applications to update. I've never downloaded this app before (on my computer or iPhone) and am totally confused why this is showing up. I haven't downloaded it yet in fear that it may be somehow malicious.

If anyone has any additional information it would be greatly appreciated.

That's really confusing. I've never came across that type of issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haldunk said:
Hello all,

At my last app update I came across an application in my update queue called G-Toolkit from Evolence Productions Ltd. I have never installed an application with this name and a quick search about the application gives me the reason to believe that this app is very broken app at best or a Trojan at the worst.

I have three questions:

1) how can an application I have not installed before can be listed in my update queue?

2) is there a way to remove an app from my update queue? Note that as I don't have the G-Toolkit installed in my phone I cannot simply uninstall it.

3) has this happened to anybody else?

Thank you in advance for any and all information.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. Hopefully a solution will be presented soon. I'm working an iPhone 4 & received the "update" about the same time yesterday. May I add one more question to your list: why do some users receive the update while others do not?

Any one to post a screenshot of those notification? and any name about the applications calling for updates?

Any one to post a screenshot of those notification? and any name about the applications calling for updates?

Here's one. No idea what it is or why it's in the queue.

Attachments

• $photo.jpg
    $photo.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 532
I just got the "Upgrade G-Toolkit" on my iPhone 4. Could it be that only those go Jailbreak their iPhones are getting it?

Maybe it's just a bug in the app store regarding that particular app. I jailbreaked my phone and i don't have that update so it's sure not about jailbreak.

Having same problem! just showed up in my update queue! Am stuck, cuz I don't want to installed it in order to delete! It seems very suspicious! Looks to me like it could be some kind of nasty! Someone please help with this! I am stuck updating my apps, one app at a time, which is extremely annoying!
Thanks!

...we've submitted a bug report to Apple, since it is apparently possible to change the name and log for a 3rd party App, and in the process hijack the Google brand.

We recommend all our users remove G-Toolkit...which might require removal of GMail app (since the former is an update to the later).

Don