What's new

Magically appearing G-Toolkit in my update queue??

Thanks for the Gmail uninstall solution.

Though while uninstalling Gmail may be a way to remove this app from the update queue it is not an acceptable long term solution. It is not cool to be forced to give up an app I would like to have because a third person has hijacked their brand.

Could you provide a link to the bug report on this issue?

Thanks for the Gmail uninstall solution.

Though while uninstalling Gmail may be a way to remove this app from the update queue it is not an acceptable long term solution. It is not cool to be forced to give up an app I would like to have because a third person has hijacked their brand.

Could you provide a link to the bug report on this issue?

I was confused at first, but Google confirmed that the third party "GMail app" application was renamed to "G-Toolkit", so they're the same thing. Removing the "GMail app" application removes "G-Toolkit" from the iPhone app updates list because they're the same thing.

The company did a very shady thing...they hijacked Google's GMail brand. And in the process, they had many people fooled into thinking their "GMail app" application was a Google branded application...it's not.

Not sure if Google forced this shady company to change the application name...but doing so caused a flurry of reports about this mysterious "G-Toolkit" application showing up on everyone's iPhone app updates list.

Not cool...Apple needs to do something about this kind of shady practice, including how vendors rename apps and cause panic (yes, many of our users panicked!) and confusion.

In fairness to Google...they had absolutely nothing to do with this fiasco.

Don

Having same problem! just showed up in my update queue! Am stuck, cuz I don't want to installed it in order to delete! It seems very suspicious! Looks to me like it could be some kind of nasty! Someone please help with this! I am stuck updating my apps, one app at a time, which is extremely annoying!
Thanks!

You dont have to go one by one. Select "Update all" and say "cancel" when you get the message "G-Toolkit contains age-restricted material"

Thanks everyone for your responses! I did remove the app which took care of the problem! You are a good resource, I know just enough to be scared & not enough to do anything about it!Lol!

I just bougt a new iphone, I've never downloaded this app before (on my computer or iPhone).

Did you have GMail App installed? It's a 3rd party application that was renamed G-Toolkit (our guess is a branding dispute with Google). So it may look like a new application when in fact it is an update to GMail App that includes a new name.

Don

I also have the G-Toolkit on my system. I did an "update all" without looking at the queue and it magically appeared.

The first thing it asks for is your Google account / username... which I have not entered for obvious reasons. The app store lists the Seller: ZEDSOFT Hungary Ltd.

I consider it to be a trojan horse.

Sakshale

My phone has not been jail broken. This update has been under my updates for over a week. finally just decided to update it but when it said you had to be 17+ I knew something was wrong and cancelled it. Hoped it would be gone from my update notifications but it is not.