What's new

Verizon tells me.....

ChiTownTx said:
Verizon will let you keep your unlimited data however there is a catch.

You can keep your unlimited but only if you pay full retail for any new device you own. Forget the link to their official statement about this but if you google it you can find it.

That's expensive tho to pay the phone in full out right.

poeticvibez07 said:
yeah they told me that but idk if i wanna do that because im not 100% sold on the iphone 5

I say give it a month or two, I'm waiting til Nov to buy mine because I realized every time a new iPhone comes out.. It comes with major issues so ima wait to hear feed backs from people who buy it.

Dreamo84 said:
I just gave up the unlimited, its not that big of a deal. I don't know anybody who uses 2 gigs of data in a month anyways. And I use the internet constantly lol.

You'll use it fast with the iPhone 5, they probably laughed at you after you left cause now you'll most likely never get the unlimited data again..

Verizon Wireless SUCKS I'm paying 185.00 a month with my Iphone 4S and I'm switching over to Sprint I live in South Jersey and it seems OK in this area

what about a share everything plan between you and your wife and you could upgrade and get like a 50 dollar a month data plan and share it

Yup. Unfortunately that's how it's gonna be. The only way around it is to either by outright or use upgrade for a different line and transfer the phone over.

just got told by verizon that you get switched to a metered data even if you transfer an upgrade, but when i look on my verizon it says awaiting activation of new device on the line #2 that had the upgrade, so this hopefully is just a glitch and ill somehow keep my unlimited on line #1 if i activate the phone on that line.

Maybe I am wrong but doesn't the fact the phone is using LTE it would use more data? I'm asking because I'm trying to figure out if I will need to increase my data plan from the one I have now to a larger one. On the news they said AT+T and Verizon sold out of there supply of phones within a few hours of preordering starting and shipping for orders now are at three weeks away. I wouldn't be ordering mine anytime soon and was wondering about the data usage

Maybe I am wrong but doesn't the fact the phone is using LTE it would use more data? I'm asking because I'm trying to figure out if I will need to increase my data plan from the one I have now to a larger one. On the news they said AT+T and Verizon sold out of there supply of phones within a few hours of preordering starting and shipping for orders now are at three weeks away. I wouldn't be ordering mine anytime soon and was wondering about the data usage

I currently use a razr maxx 4g, and im on day 27 of my billing cycle and im at 1.5GB, i text moderately, play lots of games, look at tons of memes, and stream music occasionally.

nick779 said:
I currently use a razr maxx 4g, and im on day 27 of my billing cycle and im at 1.5GB, i text moderately, play lots of games, look at tons of memes, and stream music occasionally.

Thanks for help. Comparing how you use your device to the way I use mine, I should be fine with the plan I have now