What's new

Verizon iPhone loses signal randomly

I just did a hard reset, and did the #228, and now am at 52257 PRI. But, I have no idea what the Hybrid is....the only other thing I see is the ERI = 6. Can you explain more about the Hybrid?

Also....how in the heck did you figure all this out.....all I want to do is have my phone not go into searching every night, so that if an emergency happens, I can get the phone call....and now I am looking into stuff I never even heard of.

Thanks for you help.
I posted that the hybrid PRL is 65210 you have a native verizon PRL on your phone with 52257.
I have had phones in the past that would act up and once I had them block the hybrid so I could get the native PRL my problems went away.
My I phone had a hybrid PRL of 65193 and I had no problems, then it updated to 65210 and it went crazy.
I also fiqure all this out by reading, reading, reading, and comprehending what I have read.
All this PRL stuff is, is on ahybrid PRL your phone looks for old alltel towers first then Verizon in areas that alltel had a stronger presence, but some of the hybrid PRLs dont work with some phones as good as others.
Now I have a question, since you have a verizon PRL is your phone working better? If not I would return it for a replacement, as mine is working fine after these adjustments.

I also have the PRL version 52257, and am still losing signal. It only ever seems to happen at my house though. I can be at work all day with no issue, then generally within 30 minutes of being at home it acts up. How do you switch the PRL number? I'd like to go back to Verizon and swap iphones, but unfortunately I'm already on my 2nd iphone (first one had a similar issue), so I really don't think a new phone is going to help. Especially since my buddy (who also just got an iphone a few weeks ago) came over the other night and his phone blanked out at the same time mine did... Now I'm totally not sure what to do..

@Bxtreme1
out of curiosity, does this seem to happen when your phone connects to your WiFi at home?

My phone acts exactly the same as described above and the wireless being on or off has no effect.

I did find that trying to use the "locator" in google maps sometimes kicks back onto the network from its "searching" or "no service" status.

OK, So I did the hard reset first, then I did the *228....everything has worked since.

When I get up in the morning, it no longer says searching for signal. I finally have a phone that works.....thanks for all your help.

None of the above work. After going to the apple store and getting a diag ran on the old iphone, they were kind enough to give me a new iphone. Hours later it did the same thing. I spent an hour on the phone with verizon and I check on the PRL's and only time that you have a hybrid PRL is if you are connecting to an old Alltell tower that was converted over to verizon's. So my iphone continues to drop signal randomly and only at my home. I've restored it a few times, hard reset a few times, turn off and back on a thousand times and nothing works. Verizon has offered to send me another phone but I don't think that its going to work. What are the odd's of receiving 2 bad phones and Im sure the third one will do it again anyway.

Literally lost on the whole thing. And I have Android and Blackberry in the house and it doesn't do it to their phones. Only with the iphone.

I been having the same issue as you guys. It's frustrating as hello. I hope someone finds a fix soon. I can't afford to spend $250 on a network extender. Isn't that the same amount as the ETF? Something to consider. Ha ha

I am betting it's the tower/s in your area...they might be having problems.

I found the problem! I too purchased the Verizon iPhone 4 as soon as it came out. Within hours after getting home I began noticing my reception. In some spots I have one bar, in another I'll have two bars (if I'm lucky) and the most common within the house is the infamous "no service or searching". I must also point out that the one or two bars that I do get in my home are only when I set the iPhone down in that one lucky place. Not once have I been able to walk and talk around my home with my iPhone in hand. I called Verizon customer service about the issue and the first question asked by the representative was "do you receive service outside the house?" to which I replied yes. The representative was very quick to point out the "no service is guaranteed inside a building" clause that Verizon worked into their contract apparently. She was also very quick to suggest that I purchase the Verizon Wireless Network Extender at the low low price of $250.00 plus tax of course. Sadly at this time I don't care to spend that amount of money on a new router to get a service that I didn't need in the first place. I could have stayed with T-Mobile and kept using my jailbroken and unlocked iPhone 3GS. I had excellent service with them but I switched carriers anyways I wanted a reliable service along side my iPhone. I been forced to use Google Voice on my computer to be able to have a normal phone conversation with anyone. I honestly believed what the customer service representative told me over the phone and for that reason I settled and accepted it. Last night (Sunday May 1, 2011) an old friend of mine visited me at home. Through out the night he received and answered a couple of calls on his Motorola phone. It's after one of those calls that I asked him who his wireless carrier was and he replied Verizon. I was shocked because I had been told a couple of months back that the reason I had no service at home was because I was out of range of the Verizon Wireless Network. I honestly didn't know what to make of it so today I decided to spent my day searching for an answer. I was amazed to find out that there's a lot of people out there with the very same issue. Apparently the issue has been around since the very first Verizon Wireless iPhone came out. I attempted all the suggestions listed with in all the forums and web pages I've read. If you're reading this I'm sure you know what I'm referring to but none of it worked. I decided to try Verizon's customer service again. Sure enough, the very first question was the same as the first phone call months earlier "do you receive service outside your home?". I gave her the same explanation I just gave here now to this community. She began explaining and making excuses for the company. I quickly explained to her that the source of my frustration was not that I could have cancelled my service with in that 14 day period but that I was told that the reason for me not being able to make phone calls from inside my own home was that I was outside of the network area. I would be very happy to stay with Verizon if they can get my phone to work inside my house. She apologized and started to look for a solution in her computer. She came back on the line and stated that she couldn't find any solution to this problem. I asked her why not and she said because no one else has had this issue before. Immediately I knew that was not true because I myself personally had called in less then two months ago to report this. If anything there's at least one other record. She was dumbfounded. I explained to her that the reason why the company doesn't know about this issue might be because customer service representatives are being too quick to explain how the "no service is guaranteed inside of a building" policy works and try to sell us a $250 router that we might not even need. She began to stutter her words. In conclusion, I didn't truly find us a solution but I found us a place to start. ANYONE THAT IS HAVING POOR RECEPTION ISSUES AT HOME WITH THEIR VERIZON WIRELESS IPHONE 4 I URGE YOU TO PLEASE CALL VERIZON WIRELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE IMMEDIATELY AND MAKE IT CLEAR TO THEM THAT YOU NEED THIS ISSUE FIXED. IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.... A free Verizon Wireless Network Extender would be a good way to make it up to those poor, loyal, dissatisfied customer that are still being inconvenienced by this issue. Let's stand up for ourselves, let's be heard.lol

It's not the iPhone, it's Verizon. It even does that on pre-pay phones. You can escape this by moving to an area with denser coverage.

It's the iPhone. I had a replacement due to no service. And it was not in my home. It's the Verizon on iPhone.

hi my mom's iphone is having the same issues as well. it is in an area of laguna woods that is known to have signal trouble according to the vzw rep i spoke with. ironically he works/lives in the same area and also there is a vzw store <1 mile away.

i spoke with a tech support agent yesterday and escalated a ticket regarding the issue. hopefully they can figure something out with this contact "searching" for service

manipulator said:
i am not sure if it is an older alltel tower... is there a way to check?

Yes, but a call to Verizon would be needed, they will be able to tell you.