What's new

iPhone 4s won't connect to Verizon Network

schenk11

Reaction score
I have 3G, and all functions work. In the top right corner it shows the bars and #G but not the Verizon name.

When I go to settings-general-about then and then look at the "Network" it shows Not Available.

My wife has same phone and here it says Verizon as well as between the bars and 3G.

I have restarted, soft start, reset network settings and none have helped.

Battery life is greatly affected as it is always searching for the Verizon network.

Now Verizon has gone as far as to replace the iPhone, new phone set-up, same problem.

Please help.

I have 3G, and all functions work. In the top right corner it shows the bars and #G but not the Verizon name.

When I go to settings-general-about then and then look at the "Network" it shows Not Available.

My wife has same phone and here it says Verizon as well as between the bars and 3G.

I have restarted, soft start, reset network settings and none have helped.

Battery life is greatly affected as it is always searching for the Verizon network.

Now Verizon has gone as far as to replace the iPhone, new phone set-up, same problem.

Please help.

When they replaced the phone, did they replace the SIM card? If the same problem persists with a different phone, the card is the only thing I can think of that could be causing the problem.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

You have to activate the phone. The phone under your contract is linked to your device's ESN number. Since your phone was replaced, you'll have to activate your new phone using your old SIM. Dial "*228" directly on your phone, follow the instructions and it'll program your phone. If your device doesn't allow you to call (results in call failed), you'll need to either plug it into iTunes to activate it, go to your MyVZW page and manually activate it, or you can bring it to a local Verizon store to do so. Normally the *228 or the iTunes method will work, rarely will you ever have to involve Verizon in any way.

The phone is activated. I will give the SIM Card a try.