What's new

Return to Verizon after using my iPhone on another CDMA network.

dav3nator

Reaction score
I got a Verizon iPhone and then suspended my account. I have been living outside the United States and put my iPhone on another CDMA providers network. I am headed back home and now I would like to use my iPhone on Verizon's network again. If I go to Settings>Phone>My Number, I see my current providers number there. When I return to Verizon will they be able to detect I used my phone with another provider? I have been informed that 'My Number', 'MSID', 'PRL' and 'ERI' are done with over the air programming and when I return home my phone should pick up the right settings from Verizon.

If you unlocked the iPhone and used it on another carrier, no they shouldn't be able to, not unless they really dig deep under your nails to find it. Just pull out the non-Verizon SIM and it should work just as it has before assuming you still have a Verizon contract

It's one of the CDMA only iPhones. I wish it was GSM, haha. Its not unlocked as far as I know, but the phone company out here 'reprogrammed it'...from what I understand they just inputed a few settings.

From what I'm getting at, your phone should be able to recognize Verizon again assuming the contract is still running. You might need to activate t again though

Yes my contract is still valid and I will resume service as soon as I get back. Will those settings; PRL and my Verizon number; be auto detected? Are you referring to activating my service or have the phone activated?

Activating your phone to be used on Verizon again.

Do you know what the activation will require? What will they do to reactivate it?

Call *228 on your iPhone. They'll ask you for the last 4 digits of your social security or your business zip or something like that. Then they'll ask you for the number that you're trying to activate. Enter it and it should boot your iPhone onto the Verizon network after a few minutes and a reboot. Or, you can go to the My VZW page, log onto your account, and set the status back on active. All they'll ask for IIRC is the IMEI and the phone number. You can find the IMEI under Settings > General > About