What's new

Verizon iPhone Battery Life Drain too fast??

Quick for you. Notice your standby is over 3 days. Do you leave yours on all the time.. I turn mine off and night and then the meter goes back to "-"

It's normal for all the apps to go grey on top. You should be looking at the bottom of the screen for running or recently used apps.
"phone" icon? What does this mean, are they using battery? Am I not closing them properly, so they won't show up there?

The majority of apps showing on your multitask dock should just be in a frozen/saved state, until your open it again. So it shouldn't waste battery. There are some apps that will stay running in the background though such as gps apps, pandora, skype, etc.

Apple says multitask doesn't waste battery, but many iPhone owners say it does. Here are some articles:

Steve Jobs: "Trust the iPhone", Multitasking Don't waste battery life!

Does iPhone iOS multitasking drain my battery life? | The iPhone FAQ

Honestly I don't know for sure, but I sorta think it does. I'm always completely closing apps throughout the day. Just my opinion though...

I havent done rigorous testing or anything but from time to time I forget to shut apps down and I will have 30 going lol. I dont notice much of a difference honestly.

Sorry if this has been covered but i have been reading that the Verizon iPhone actually lasts longer than the ATT phone and possibly the best of any smart phone.

Quick for you. Notice your standby is over 3 days. Do you leave yours on all the time.. I turn mine off and night and then the meter goes back to "-"

Yes I leave mine on all the time. The reason your meter is showing - - is because you turned off your phone.

Standby time= total time your phone has been ON/Sleep since last full charge. If your phone is shut OFF it will go blank until the next time you charge your phone to 100%.

Last edited:
Ive been letting it die and recharge again and here are my current stats at 15%

5 hours and 9 minutes usage

2 days, 4 hours standby

Thats pretty good, im gonna let it die again and drain it. Then I will charge it to 100% again.

Last edited:
So around 3% and i got

6+ Hours Usage

2 days and 10 hours standby

THats not bad at all considering what I had before. It lasted me basically 3 days. I just let it drain and I'm charging it again, I followed a lot of the tips people gave on here by turning off notifications, wifi, push, location services, etc. and then letting it die and letting it sit for awhile and then charging it back up to 100% without touching it.

There's also rumors that having your iPhone 4 jailbroken can effect the battery life too.

It would depend on the modifications you make. Mine is lightly modified and I really don't notice a difference.