What's new

Verizon iPhone 5, iPhone 4 + LTE, iPhone 4gS, What The Hell Is Going On?!?

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtJJwXChu2A]YouTube - Verizon iPhone 5, iPhone 4 + LTE, iPhone 4gS, What The Hell Is Going On?!? - iOS Vlog 229[/ame]​

Info is going around about the Verizon iPhone coming next month(January). Although this is still considered a rumor, MacDailyNews posted a story talking about how Verizon is having meetings, getting ready for the launch of the Verizon iPhone, as well as talk of an after Christmas announcement.

When this will take place after Christmas? Only the higher ups know for now. As for us, we wait and see if a Verizon iPhone will be with us in the very near future.

As for the details, it will most likely be an iPhone 4 with LTE capabilities. It is a little too soon for the iPhone 5 to come out, we haven't even gotten past the launch of the iPad 2. We might see some hardware improvement, but we might not as well, time will tell.

If Verizon goes through with this, I bet you it will be white(why waste parts?).

• Verizon held management training for iPhone sales last week
• Verizon had functioning iPhones (LTE-capable) in management hands for the training sessions
• Formal announcement coming right "after christmas", was
• The formal announcement of the iPhones Verizon debut is coming right after Christmas; "Apparently ATT's final demand so as to maximize ATT's Christmas iPhone sales"
• The Verizon iPhone will be immediately available upon formal announcement
• Device has been "100% cooked for quite a while" and already shipping in bulk to Verizon warehouses
• The Verizon iPhone is not being shipped to any 3rd-party retailers in an effort to control leaks
• Verizon agreed to take 100% responsibility for security, so all the devices will be in their hands until the official announcement date, and they will then distribute thru channels in massive manner (hence early stockpiling)
• The new iPhone is an LTE device and that fact - the only "LTE iPhone," exclusive to Verizon - will be the main marketing theme; i.e. "For the new '4G' (cough) verizon network" that Verizon has already started promoting
• As rollout of LTE not actually widepsread, Verizon iPhone will have multi-band chip backward compatibility with regular CDMA
• iPhone 5 was planned to debut in summer as LTE-only, for all contracted carriers, but the clock is ticking and nobody thinks either Verizon or AT&T can get to critical mass to offer an LTE-only version
• Steve Jobs is said to be upset that carriers cannot seem to get their LTE act together more quickly
• Apple is "helping" U.S. carriers (money?) to build out LTE more quickly

Source:MDN

I'm definitely getting it if it comes out, I don't care about AT & T's early termination.

I'm definitely getting it if it comes out, I don't care about AT & T's early termination.

I have heard rumor wise. That if you fight the termination fee AT&T can not legally hold you up to it. Thus if you don't pay it they can't enforce it ?

i doubt a january anything is true when it comes to the iphone it would mean new hardware needed to take the verizon network, i doubt we will see such a thing until julys iphone

Hello Friend I think Iphone 4 is best for this time.

Last edited:

I have heard rumor wise. That if you fight the termination fee AT&T can not legally hold you up to it. Thus if you don't pay it they can't enforce it ?

Just goes on your credit report as any other defaulted account. Also, you won't be going back to AT&T until you pay your balance off.

apple never release anything to do with iphone in january... and new chip so the shatter exploit wont work....

It was edited wrong and I copied it wrong, I'm sure u did but oh well.

IMO apple will add this in July to the iPhone 5 I'll be very surprised if it happens in January

I am buying Droid for my son in Verizon, can't wait till June.
I heard from a friend of my from Apple it could be summer when they have that phone in Verizon

I am buying Droid for my son in Verizon, can't wait till June.
I heard from a friend of my from Apple it could be summer when they have that phone in Verizon

Yes a summ release and something more to talk about at the June wwdc. Will be nice to see the design if it changes and the whe antenna thing. I probably won't get it and wait for the 6