What's new

Verizon iPhone 4 even more likely in January 2011

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iphone-vzw-rumor23.jpg

A new report from Bloomberg cites multiple sources saying the iPhone 4 will launch with Verizon Q1 of 2011. Apple's exclusivity with AT&T ends January 2011, so the stars appear to being lining up for big red.

Verizon Wireless, the largest U.S. mobile-phone company, will start selling Apple Inc.'s iPhone next year, ending AT&T Inc.'s exclusive hold on the smartphone in the U.S., two people familiar with the plans said.

The device will be available to customers in January, according to the people, who declined to be named because the information isn't public.
Nothing has been confirmed by either companies, so for now it's still just another rumor we can pile on the other Verizon rumors we've heard now for years.

Source: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...ffering-iphone-ending-at-t-s-exclusivity.html

This is really good news. Cause now I don't feel like a total ass for running out and getting the iPhone4 with a new contract since I got at the very least a year before they get it. :p

Well January is only have a year away :)

I for one would love to see some network choice with the iPhone.

I really dont know if I would switch to Verizon. I don't really have a problem with AT&T and have had it for the past 3-4 years. Now, if there is a new model in the works for Verizon, I might check it out. But CDMA..... meh

I'm posting this message below in a couple places in the forum to receive more responses, so I apologize if you're seeing this message for the second or third time.

I read one speculation that the white iPhone 4 has been further delayed, because it is in the process of being modified to accomodate the CDMA/LTE network... meaning the white version of the iPhone 4 will be exclusively offered through Verizon!

I'm curious to hear what you think of that theory... it seems probable, but I suspect there will several angry AT&T customers since that would mean they've been excluded from having the option to own the white iPhone 4, even after being loyal AT&T/iPhone customers. If that ends up being the situation, I could see the unlocked iPhone becoming even more sought after!

But Verizon is not GSM so it would be harder for Apple, they are going to T Mobile.

I really dont know if I would switch to Verizon. I don't really have a problem with AT&T and have had it for the past 3-4 years. Now, if there is a new model in the works for Verizon, I might check it out. But CDMA..... meh

I definitely wouldn't switch to Verizon. We had to stand on our back porch to talk on the phone with their service out here in the boonies. AT&T, for now, is the only network in Oregon that works with 4-5 bars everywhere in our house and most everwhere we use our phones.

I'm glad I decided to just get a black iphone. I was getting the feeling that the white one wasn't going to show up any time soon. It's cool looking, and I would have liked one but just not worth the wait.

I agree, I don't understand what the problem really is with AT&T, if Verizon had the iPhone, they would have the same problems, if you don't like the service, don't use it....

Depends on where you live if coverage of one is better than the other. Here is Pittsburgh is damn near a draw but when you get further and further into the cut, Verizon wins. When I go to my parents house my phone is damn near useless. I doubt you would get the unlimited Internet from verizon if you switched over then. Maybe not a big deal for you but I know once my phone is jailbroken I will go well over the 2 gig allotment.

I really don't see verizon getting exclusives on the white phone since AT&T customers where already given the option of ordering them. If those people aren't heated already they will be ready to burn someone at the stake when they are told they waited for nothing.

I am going to be curious to see how many droid dorks go running to order an iPhone now lolol.

Depends on where you live if coverage of one is better than the other. Here is Pittsburgh is damn near a draw but when you get further and further into the cut, Verizon wins. When I go to my parents house my phone is damn near useless. I doubt you would get the unlimited Internet from verizon if you switched over then. Maybe not a big deal for you but I know once my phone is jailbroken I will go well over the 2 gig allotment.

I really don't see verizon getting exclusives on the white phone since AT&T customers where already given the option of ordering them. If those people aren't heated already they will be ready to burn someone at the stake when they are told they waited for nothing.

I am going to be curious to see how many droid dorks go running to order an iPhone now lolol.

So is it the iPhone that everybody is ragging on, or is it AT&T Service...
I think people are complaining just 2 b complaining,
I’ve had Sprint, Verizon and, now AT&T…at times they all suck…but so far here in Detroit the service is Great w/AT&T……but I do like the Apple iPhone

Last edited: