What's new

Verizon Wireless And Apple to Announce iPhone on January 11

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
verizon-iphone1.png

MacRumors reports today that according to various well-connected sources, including The Wall Street Journal and Gizmodo, Verizon Wireless will be announcing the new Verizon iPhone at a special Verizon Media Event on January 11. Although The Wall Street Journal doesn’t say when the Verizon iPhone will be made available to Verizon customers, other reports yesterday would seem to indicate that February 3 will be the date.

Other reports point to the fact that the January 11 press conference will be a joint Apple-Verizon event, with Apple CEO Steve Jobs in attendance. All Things Digital has said that this is the case, and Gizmodo also thinks it will be a joint Apple-Verizon event, based on the fact that they have been banned! (Gizmodo has been banned from all Apple events since the leaked iPhone 4 incident last year.) So there we have it. After months of speculation, get ready for the Verizon Wireless iPhone!

Source: More Confirmation Verizon iPhone to Launch on January 11th [Updated] - Mac Rumors

I've heard rumors that only the 3GS will be available on Verizon for sometime and then a LTE/4G version of the iPhone4 will be released sometime next year. It'll be interesting to see what actually happens.

I've heard rumors that only the 3GS will be available on Verizon for sometime and then a LTE/4G version of the iPhone4 will be released sometime next year. It'll be interesting to see what actually happens.

We'll definitely know tomorrow. I'm seeing lots of people that said they would never see a Verizon iPhone, including people working very high up at Verizon previously and still having connections, saying this is a done deal. They said the AT&T add attacking Verizon's data regarding the iPhone was the confirming factor. Going to be really interesting to see. Hopefully it is true. Love my Droid Incredible, but looking to add this to the stable.

I think they will go ahead and sell the 4 this year also. Nobody will buy the 3. It wouldn't make much sense to sell the 3 and not the 4.