What's new

Verizon hotspot

Jmills87 said:
Best way to tether from your phone would be via USB so that your phone is constantly recharging while it is broadcasting 3G reception.

Agreed but Apple doesn't have USB ports on iPads yet. :) Out of curiousity, how many hours do iPhone users get in hotspot mode?

I've already ordered a Truconnect Mifi so I'll probably never use the iPhone for that anyway.

Beryl said:
Agreed but Apple doesn't have USB ports on iPads yet. :) Out of curiousity, how many hours do iPhone users get in hotspot mode?

I've already ordered a Truconnect Mifi so I'll probably never use the iPhone for that anyway.

Apple does however sell an adapter that plugs into the 20 plug port that will allow you to use an USB. I got mine from the Apple store .

Good Morning Yawl,

I've was thinkging about jailbreaking my verizon Iphone 4 (3g) and use tetherme install for HOT SPOT capability few weeks ago but i decided to update to iOS 5.0 first. Would anyone know if after thte update process, the jailbreak and tetherme app would still make the HOT Spot functionality work?

Regards,

delosrec said:
Good Morning Yawl,

I've was thinkging about jailbreaking my verizon Iphone 4 (3g) and use tetherme install for HOT SPOT capability few weeks ago but i decided to update to iOS 5.0 first. Would anyone know if after thte update process, the jailbreak and tetherme app would still make the HOT Spot functionality work?

Regards,

No. Tetherme doesn't work on ios 5 I installed it on my iPad and it says tetherme not loaded

thank you much Icrank,

Can i still Jailbreak on iOS5? In addition, would you know any other HOT SPOT app that would work on iOS5?

1- Could an upgraded Iphone 4 with iOS5 be Jailbroken? on iOS5?
2- Anyone knows of a HOT SPOT app that would work on iOS5?

Hello,
I have a Verizon iphone 4 3G and want to use it as an occasional wifi for my nook to get on line. Any ideas, I have looked in several places and don't want to buy a mifi and pay 50 bucks a month. I can do that with comcast. Thank you

delosrec said:
1- Could an upgraded Iphone 4 with iOS5 be Jailbroken? on iOS5?
2- Anyone knows of a HOT SPOT app that would work on iOS5?

Get 5.0.1, jailbreak it, and get TetherMe. It works just fine. I have this exact set up and have no problems. It's easy. An tetherme on this iOS supports wifi hotspot as well as USB and Bluetooth tethering. Boom. You're welcome.

JJMartinez,

Are you sure with Iphone 4 3g and the latest update iOS 5.0.1, jailbreaking and hotspot rig will work. I was told back in october 2011, that it would not. I've been waiting for a positive feedback ever since.

I have 2 iPhones, the 4 and now the 4s. The hotspot has sucked on both of them. It works then it doesn't.