What's new

Verizon Data Plan

soundsupreme69

Reaction score
Good evening...my question is that my wife has her NE2 coming up in June. I plan on using it and getting the iphone for myself. Can I get the unlimited data plan now on my phone(LG Versa) and then when i get the iphone will it transfer over when i upgrade. I don't know when the unlimited data plan will end. I don't want to miss out on that.

The $30 is for smartphones. If the LG Versa is considered a smartphone (I don't think it is) then this would work. Otherwise you'd get that crappy 7.99 plan.

If you are extending or renewing a contract, you cant get it now and transfer it. That would only work if you buy one off contract. But June is still early, maybe youll be fine. I agree with Cali though, might be worth a call to your nearest corporate store

Another thing you might want to consider is they might let you renew your contract early.That way you can jump on the unlimited data plan before they change it to tiered. Whomever's number is the "main line" carrier, they let upgrade early. I did not think I was eligible to upgrade since my 2 year contract technically ended in June, but since my number was the "main line", i was elegible to upgrade now. Call your local VZ store, they will let you know.

When you renew a contract, you are eligable to continue your outdated plan. For instance, if you had the old plan that was no longer offered at the time of renewal, you can continue to have it. Once you change your plan, you cannot go backwards.

My wife and I continued on of their old promotions for a few years after they stopped offering it. It was the old Friends and Family versus the nationwide stuff,

Regarding data, that changes everything, so who knows.

When you renew a contract, you are eligable to continue your outdated plan. For instance, if you had the old plan that was no longer offered at the time of renewal, you can continue to have it. Once you change your plan, you cannot go backwards.

My wife and I continued on of their old promotions for a few years after they stopped offering it. It was the old Friends and Family versus the nationwide stuff,

Regarding data, that changes everything, so who knows.
I've heard conflicting things in that regard. Some say that once you get a plan you can keep it as long as you want, however others are saying that when you buy a new phone at the 2 year contract price, you will be required to choose from one of the current plans. The only option would be to buy the phone out right.

I just upgraded to the iphone from a Droid X, so I had the data plan and I had an old phone plan that is not offered anymore and I retained that plan.