What's new

Variable Schedule Alarm Clock App?

SirWilliam1986

Reaction score
Hello,

I work a job that has very irregular hours. I do shift work with a schedule that repeats every 5 weeks. I start working night shifts Monday night thru Thursday night, work day shifts the following Monday thru Wednesday, work night shifts Friday night thru Sunday night, and then finally work day shifts Thursday thru Sunday. I then get a week off followed by a relief week, which is sort of like a doctor being on call (don't have to come into the office, but need to be available if the boss needs me for something)

Every alarm clock app I've looked at usually just wants to pick a single time of day to repeat every day, or at best I can have a weekly schedule that repeats, but I was wondering if anyone knew of an app that would let me put in this 5 week schedule and have it repeat. In my iPhone's calendar, I can create an event for work shifts and set it to repeat every 5 weeks going forward, so I'm not constantly having to update my work schedule every month. I would love an alarm clock I could do the same thing with.

Thank you,
Will

Sorry l have no idea, but l have a couple of friends who worked in factories with similar shifts. Here it was called Conti shift l can only congratulate you getting through life doing that.

Hello,

I work a job that has very irregular hours. I do shift work with a schedule that repeats every 5 weeks. I start working night shifts Monday night thru Thursday night, work day shifts the following Monday thru Wednesday, work night shifts Friday night thru Sunday night, and then finally work day shifts Thursday thru Sunday. I then get a week off followed by a relief week, which is sort of like a doctor being on call (don't have to come into the office, but need to be available if the boss needs me for something)

Every alarm clock app I've looked at usually just wants to pick a single time of day to repeat every day, or at best I can have a weekly schedule that repeats, but I was wondering if anyone knew of an app that would let me put in this 5 week schedule and have it repeat. In my iPhone's calendar, I can create an event for work shifts and set it to repeat every 5 weeks going forward, so I'm not constantly having to update my work schedule every month. I would love an alarm clock I could do the same thing with.

Thank you,
Will

Sorry l have no idea, but l have a couple of friends who worked in factories with similar shifts. Here it was called Conti shift l can only congratulate you getting through life doing that.
Your body never gets time to adapt to any one shift before it's on a different shift. Some people just can't adapt to variable shift schedules like this.

And their families, 1 friend told me his children were always asking him are we going to the Biggasee, this weekend. Poor guy didn't know it was the weekend.

Luckily I only have my dog to worry about right now, and I can bring her into work with me on nights and weekends.

Too bad, was hoping there was some obscure app out there that could make this work. Thanks for taking at least taking a look for me

Hi couldn't seem to get this out of my head.
Anyway these might help.
Alarm Clock 4.
Cool Alarm Clock & day reminder this is has not been updated since 2013.
Found them both under world clocks, not alarms hope they help.