What's new

Using iPhone 5 with car stereo

tacky147

Reaction score
I am contemplating purchasing an iPhone 5, but an essential feature is the ability to connect the phone to my car stereo (JVC KW-AV60), and use that as a head to control/utilize the media that is on the phone (including video). I currently use an iPhone 4 with the KS-U30 interface cable. Is there any way to do this? A cable such as the Apple composite AV cable for the lightning port would do well I believe.

we just got a new car,i can connect my iphone 5 through the ipod connector and lightning cable,even better is connecting it through Bluetooth.

we just got a new car,i can connect my iphone 5 through the ipod connector and lightning cable,even better is connecting it through Bluetooth.

Agreed. I do the same. I have the sync system in my explorer though.

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

I Bluetooth everything through my kenwood deck.

Sent using the best phone in the world. iPhone 5 rocking tapatalk!!!

You guys are all able to stream music and/or video to your stereos via bluetooth? That sounds like a very intriguing solution. I might have to look into that...

The stock stereo in my company car, 2011 Kia Soul has Bluetooth. Fairly limited.
Just bought a new Pioneer for the family Jeep. Way better handling of Bluetooth functionality. For example, say I'm listening to a track on my iPhone, turn the vehicle off to go into a store. When I start the vehicle back up, track resumes play. Can even fast forward tracks from the Pioneer's controls, as well as have song info displayed. All through Bluetooth.

we have the Nissan Qashqai Acenta connect + and there was no problem pairing up with Bluetooth,i can operate everything from my phone and the track and album names show up on the screen,even with a basic BT system it should be no problem to pair up the iPhone and access music through it.