What's new

Car mount with charger for iPhone 5

susja

Reaction score
Hello,
I own a few Droid phones and I have car mount on car dashboard which allow me just to clip the phone and it starts 'car mode' and start charging the phone .
I am going to buy iPhone 5 these days but I can't find any car mount which would charge as well. I don't think that plugging cable every time you dock your phone is a good idea.
Could someone please help me to locate car mount with charger?
Thanks in advance

Unfortunately, with as new as the iPhone 5 is there won't be anything on the market that foots this bill. It'll take a little time for accessory developers to put to use the Lightning connector for these applications.

I've always liked to use car docks with my phones. When I had the iPhone 4 I used the Magellan car kit but it was buggy and you had to have the phone seated almost perfectly. I hope some company comes up with something nice for the iPhone 5.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Folks,
Thanks for speedy response.
Well it does make sense that accessories manufactures are not lined up with iPhone yet. I checked both Magellan and TomTom car kits. Well they are quit expensive but major disadvantage for me is that they use Bluetooth and internal speakers while I like to use car speakers and I connect to it using auxiliary in.
Well do you guys suggest there's a chance that later some accessories dev come up with the thing I am expecting?
Thanks

Verizon is selling a Belkin charger that works just fine. I bought mine the day the iPhone5 came out. An Apple sales rep (via phone a few nights later) was surprised to learn there was one available that actually works. He had me retrieve it from my car and check it out .. lol .. while on the phone with him. It does charge my phone all the way just fine. Got a confirmation that an extra lighting cord is being shipped from China from Apple, so all I need now is a dock station for my car.

- kris7047th,
when you say about Belkin charger ... did you mean just charger or car mount, do you have link for it?
thanks

Well, I guess it depends on what you drive. My Prius has a little compartment where the iPhone sits nice and comfy. I have a dual USB to car plugged in under a utility compartment and I have a USB to Lightning that runs into my phone. Gotta look down to see maps but to be honest I don't use maps, just the voice turn by turn directions. Once in a while I'll peak to see how far the next turn is.

It's weird but ironically I have a universal car mount made by Samsung that I use with my S3. The Iphone 4 will fit nicely in it and, the access on one side that a micro-usb connection fits through will work just right for the new connector.

well ... thank you all for your thoughts and etc but unfortunately looking through all that and various sites I'm kind of skeptical to expect that some accessories manufacturer will come up with the iPhone 5 charging car mount :) ... Simple as that you just clip your phone into a mount and it starts charging and that's it. I'm not looking for some expensive stuff like Tom-Tom or Magellan with Bluetooth and etc. Well likely I'm 'spoiled' with my Droid Motorola which gave that simple solution ... anyway thanks for sharing your thoughts.

- kris7047th,
when you say about Belkin charger ... did you mean just charger or car mount, do you have link for it?
thanks

Car charger. I bought it from a Verizon corporate store when I bought my phone. I ordered this car mount off amazon.com ..

Amazon.com: iOttie One-Touch Windshield Dashboard Car Mount Holder for iPhone 5 4S 4 3GS Samsung Galaxy S3 S2 Epic Touch 4G HTC OneX EVO 4G Rhyme DROID RAZR BIONIC INCREDIBLE 2 CHARGE Google Nexus BlackBerry Torch LG Revolution GPS Compact Size 360 d

Last edited:
Kris thanks for sharing that post. I too need a car mount / charger; please share your feedback after receive it in the mail.

Well it looks interesting ..... I am just wondering if audio out port is not blocked when the phone is mounted. Please share your experience when you get it. Thanks