What's new

Upgrading jailbreak 4.0 to a higher iOS

t21stsgt

Reaction score
I have a 3GS. It was unlocked and jailbroken when I bought it. The guy I bought it from said it was broken using SiNfuL iPhone Repo. I use it on tmobile, under settings it says; Version 4.0 (8A293), modem firmware 05.13.04. I want to upgrade to 5.0 or whatever is the highest version available but not sure how to go about it.

Uograde to the latest itunes then hit the restore or update button in itunes

So when I connect to iTunes, I can press the "there is a new software for your phone, hit OK to upgrade"? This won't un-jailbreak the phone? After the upgrade, it will still work with tmobile? Sorry for the questions, I just don't want to brick my phone.

So when I connect to iTunes, I can press the "there is a new software for your phone, hit OK to upgrade"? This won't un-jailbreak the phone? After the upgrade, it will still work with tmobile? Sorry for the questions, I just don't want to brick my phone.

you wont "Brick" your phone.. that is not a possibility. but it will remove the jailbreak if you restore or update in itunes, you will then have stock ios and with it the baseband that comes with it, so if you rely on unlock then stay away

My bad, didn't explain correctly. I want to keep it unlocked and jailbroken, but want to upgrade the iOS.