Bearmon

Reaction score
Hi!

Please bear with my English. I have here:

Model: iPhone 3GS
Version: 4.0.1 (8A306)
Modem Firmware: 05.13.04
Unlock: Ultrasn0W
Can I go to 4.1 or 4.2.1 ? I have SHSH for 3.1.3. 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.1, 4.2.1+, and 4.2b3.

Yes, I rather unlockable as well because I am using tmobile sim card for it also. Thanks.

Last edited:
If you use redsnow to install the iPad baseband you can unlock with ultrasnow. I think you need to be on 4.1 for it to work...

If you use redsnow to install the iPad baseband you can unlock with ultrasnow. I think you need to be on 4.1 for it to work...

Hi gaz6076, I already know about it and I was told not recommended it at all. I am sure there are 4.1 with unlock somewhere. Oh boy. I will look somewhere else who can answer my question if you can't. I appreciate that. Thanks.

No unlock for 5.13.04 only 5.11.xx and 5.12.xx. If you want to unlock your 3GS you will have to upgrade to iPad baseband. No other way at this point in time...

I understand that. I guess I will have to wait, huh ?

No, you cant downgrade your baseband. Only stop yourself from upgrading it when you upgrade firmware. That's what snowbreeze does, it's been out for mac users for along time already called pwnage tool.

Since you've already been past 4.0.1 without preserving your baseband you can't go back...

No, you cant downgrade your baseband. Only stop yourself from upgrading it when you upgrade firmware. That's what snowbreeze does, it's been out for mac users for along time already called pwnage tool.

Since you've already been past 4.0.1 without preserving your baseband you can't go back...

I already have SHSH from 3.1.3 when I had 3.1.3 in the first place and it is on my cydia statement that I have 3.1.3 through the latest version.

Yes you can downgrade firmware but not baseband. It's baseband that matters when unlocking. Your still on 5.13.04 which is the 3GS baseband for 4.2.1 even though you've downgraded to 4.0.1...

Judging from the OP, he is already unlocked and just wants to upgrade his iOS.
In this case, sn0wbreeze 2.2 will allow him to upgrade his iOS without touching baseband and he can use the new greenpoision JB and then ultrasn0w.