What's new

iPhone 3gs - firmware and baseband

superway

Reaction score
Hello,

Iphone 3gs, 32gb
firmware: 5.1.1
baseband 05.13.04

After following instruction to unlock my phone, there is still NO SERVICE for Tmobile. I would like to ask 2 question.

1. Are my firmware (5.1.1) and baseband (05.13.04) NOT compatible to unlock?

2. Is it supposed to be firmware (4.0.1) and baseband (05.13.04) ARE compatible?

Thanks

superway said:
Hello,

Iphone 3gs, 32gb
firmware: 5.1.1
baseband 05.13.04

After following instruction to unlock my phone, there is still NO SERVICE for Tmobile. I would like to ask 2 question.

1. Are my firmware (5.1.1) and baseband (05.13.04) NOT compatible to unlock?

2. Is it supposed to be firmware (4.0.1) and baseband (05.13.04) ARE compatible?

Thanks

I have a 3G 4.2.1 on 05.13.04 and my gf has 3GS 5.1.1 on 05.13.04. Both jb with redsnow and unlocked with ultrasnow. So your firmware and baseband are definatefy comparable. Are you getting service for other carriers?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

When I inserted my SIM of provider Tmobile, it appeared NO SERVICE.
When I inserted my friend's SIM card ATT, then it picks up signal ATT.

Is the Tmobile sim verified working? Maybe reset all network settings and try again, or reinstall ultrasn0w and mobilesubstrate. If that does not work try a restore, unless someone else has any ideas that would do the trick w/o a restore.

Is the Tmobile sim verified working? Maybe reset all network settings and try again, or reinstall ultrasn0w and mobilesubstrate. If that does not work try a restore, unless someone else has any ideas that would do the trick w/o a restore.

Yes, the SIM is verified by my second phone and working fine?

I already did uninstall and reinstall ultrasn0w 3 times through Dev-team.
Is the itune vesion affected this problem when connecting iphone to PC during unlock? because my itune version is old, I think.

Thanks

I don't think that iTunes version would affect ultrasnow unlock. idk if this will work but open settings and try to select carrier manually. If that doesn't work try reset network settings under general->reset. You may have to end up restoring and jb again.