Version - 5.0.1
Firmware - 05.13.04
iboot-359.3 -- OLD BOOTROM
Cydia-TSS Center (Blobs)
SHSH iOS - 4.1 - 4.3.5 - 5.0.1 - 6.1.3

RedSn0w - 0.9.15b3
Restore ipsw 6.1.3 (10B329)

i have been upgrading with RedSn0w, restore function
seen version 4x - 5xx - 6xx - till 6.1.2 (not problem) very easy !
but now that i try to update to 6.1.3 then after that is loading the -- updating kernel !
it gets stuck on - Waiting for device- and then after 20min of waiting i get ( unexpected error ( 2831 )

can some one tell me please, what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks .

Last edited:
Note that UltraSn0w does not work on 6.1.3, so it wouldn't matter whether or not you preserved the jailbreak. Restoring to 6.1.3 can be done using iTunes whilst the device is in DFU mode

Thanks, Willerz2

BTW...Oh I just forgot to say that when I was in version 6.1.2 my 3gs was working very fine, until I try to upgrade to 6.1.3 restore got stuck. So I thought if I Restore to 5.0.1 first, then will be easy to go up to 6.1.3 but i was wrong - some problem . . Waiting for Device .
is there any way that i can restore back to 6.1.2 with redsn0w ? i have saved from tinyumbrella blobs 6.1- 6.0.1- 6.1.2 on my Mac.

Last edited:
( Restoring to 6.1.3 can be done using iTunes whilst the device is in DFU mode.)

Please, understand that I have no experience restoring with iTunes.

My questions ?

1-Will I be able to jailbreak, and restore like before with ( Redsn0w ) after restoring to iOS 6.1.3 ?

2-Restoring with iTunes will change my - modem firmware - (BB) version. ?

3-Do I have to use a Custom, or Stock - Restore ipsw ?

Can you guide me !! please, on how to do this Restore with iTunes on my Mac.

Thank you.

( Restoring to 6.1.3 can be done using iTunes whilst the device is in DFU mode.)

Please, understand that I have no experience restoring with iTunes.

My questions ?

1-Will I be able to jailbreak, and restore like before with ( Redsn0w ) after restoring to iOS 6.1.3 ?

2-Restoring with iTunes will change my - modem firmware - (BB) version. ?

3-Do I have to use a Custom, or Stock - Restore ipsw ?

Can you guide me !! please, on how to do this Restore with iTunes on my Mac.

Thank you.

1) Yes. The old bootrom 3GS is untethered jailbreakable on every single iOS that's ever existed for it. It can be done with RedSn0w or Sn0wBreeze.

2) Yes. Restoring using iTunes will always change your baseband to the latest version. Using RedSn0w or Sn0wBreeze will allow you to preserve it.

3) If you're restoring to 6.1.3, use a stock IPSW. When jailbreaking with RedSn0w, you'll need to use the 6.0 (not 6.1.3) IPSW to jailbreak. For Sn0wBreeze, you can re-use the 6.1.3 IPSW. Sn0wBreeze will create a custom IPSW that you can use to restore with iTunes which has been packed with all the jailbreak data that's needed for your device to be jailbroken

Restoring to the latest iOS is shown here. Jailbreaking on 6.1.3 is shown here. In your case, when jailbreaking, disregard the portion on the bottom for a "Just Boot" procedure as your device will not require it at all since it's an old bootrom.

Thanks, Very much Willerz2.

My first time Restoring with
iTunes it worked perfectly easy fast, i think all together was 15 minutes - now i"m on iOS 6.1.3
i was yes fallowing the instructions. Very Important !!!
( When jailbreaking with RedSn0w, you'll need to use the 6.0 (not 6.1.3) IPSW to jailbreak )

Now i notice that my modem Firmware (BB) has change to 05.16.08

Question? Can i use Redsn0w to perform an Unlock. or can i get back to my old (BB) 05.13.04

BTW.. I always thought that Sn0wBreeze was only for ( Windows ) but not for ( Mac)

Ah yes. Sorry. A habit of just regurgitating both at the same time.

RedSn0w doesn't unlock the device, but you can use RedSn0w to flash the iPad 06.15.00 Baseband, then downgrade back to 05.13.04 for UltraSn0w. I'm not 100% sure that UltraSn0w still works on 6.1.3 on the old bootrom, but you can certain give it a try.

Thanks much Willerz2 appreciated. i will give it a try . . .

Wow. . . . this is incredible - willerz2. I did it again, I guess Redsn0w never let you down right.

just like you mentioned above !!

I flash the iPad 06. 15. 00 baseband and then downgrade back to 05. 13. 04 with Redsn0w

No problems. . simple. . and fast - and yes Ultrasn0w works on 6. 1. 3 Old Bootrom - untethered

Remember . . . my iPhone before was in os 6. 1. 2 and i was very happy with it ( BUT )

What i notice now in this upgrade is that my 3GS, is faster than before, and with a better battery life
Maybe you can tell me why?

At this point now I'm trying all the apps to see if i don"t miss something so far everything works fine.

Many thanks for you help Willerz2 !

Last edited:
Not a problem. Glad we could come to a resolution.

Generally quite a few battery issues can be resolved with a simple restore, which did help in this case. As for speed differences, it might be because of the cached data on your phone. Particularly for jailbroken devices, it's best to run cleaning utilities like iCleaners every so often to make sure that any junk files that are temporarily locally stored on the device is cleaned up so it doesn't congest the necessary space for other apps/tweaks and such.

Can you tell me please! what is the difference between ( BB ) 05.11.07 and 05.13.04
is one more acceptable than the other, when it comes to Upgrading or Downgrading?

Im just about to Upgrade my wife 3Gs, which is on iOS 6.1.2 and ( BB ) 05.11.07
is there any other way to Upgrade this iOS 6.1.2 to 6.1.3 preserving this baseband.

Or do i have to do the same Upgrade, that i have done on my 3Gs.

Thanks,

BTW!! Thanks again for the iCleaners tip.

Last edited:
Both basebands will work if you're using UltraSn0w. UltraSn0w is compatible with 05.13.04 and below as well as 06.15.00