What's new

Redsn0w Error 2831

knok89

Reaction score

Hi.
I have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS running iOS 3. It is locked to a network in the UK but i am able to use it on other networks because it is jailbroken. What i am trying to do now is to update the iOS to 6.1.3 without locking it up again. I tried using redsn0w to upgrade while protecting my baseband and with all the instruction videos I have reached the stage where it uploads kernels etc and then it says it is restoring to iOS 6.1.3 - Waiting for device. After about 5 minutes, anunexpected error (2831) comes up and it doesn't restore. how can i fix this error and get my device to upgrade without locking up.
Please Help!
Knok89

$Error.jpg

Use iFaith to stitch a custom IPSW instead. 2831 is an outstanding issue on RedSn0w 0.9.15 beta 3. You can try using RedSn0w 0.9.15 beta 1 instead of beta 3, but I believe the issue still stands. iFaith into a custom IPSW for use with iTunes 11.0 (not 11.1) and below will have it working. If you're looking to preserve the baseband, make sure you select that option as well with iFaith.

use with iTunes 11.0 (not 11.1)
Why not using 11.1 ? Is there a general rule of thumb on which iTunes version(s) to use for downing from 7 to 6 or 6 to 5 or 5 to 4 and vice versa for upgrading? This seems to be a rarely mentioned fact.