What's new

Upgrade to iPhone?

Cruzincat

Reaction score
I am currently on Verizon, and probably will stay there. Coverage is poor at home with all carriers, but Verizon seems to be the best, and I am probably grandfathered in on an unlimited data plan.

Currently have a Droid(1) that I use for work, unlimited data, using PDAnet for occasional laptop tethering. I am tired of the problems using the Droid as a phone and lately every other app as well. Reliability is bad. I am torn between getting a newer Android phone and going with the iPhone. The tethering issue is what may keep me in the Android arena. With PDAnet I am currently only paying about $30/month for unlimited data and occasional tethering. I also have a Toshiba Thrive tablet that is capable of using the droid through bluetooth, although that is not working that well, since it keeps dropping the bluetooth connection. The tablet is not a critical need, though.

I came here because I am not familiar with what the iphone can do for my needs. Any thoughts?

it's too bad that verizon didn't get the GS2 cause if they did it would be a no-branier. but they didn't..... but they just got the galaxy nexus last week so it's kinda too early to tell if it will be better than the GS2. so if i were on verizon my choice would be between the iphone4s and the galaxy nexus. so if your planning on staying with verizon you only really got 2 choices. which makes your decision easier. i think you should take a look at as many youtube videos about these 2 phones and then decide. let us know how it all turns out.

Hi, verizon here too. I just upgraded yesterday myself. I had he Droid X for the past 2 years and thought I really loved Android. I seriously almost bought the HTC Rezound yesterday, I spent the last 36 hrs before making my decision researching and reading.
Bottom line, buy what works best for you! I have a MAC and love it. I purchased the iP4s and absolutely love it. (32 GB)
I find that he OS is so much smoother and so far nothing has gone wrong. No lagging, so reboots, no web browser crashes. Absolutely LOVE my new IP4s.

Research on here and you will find all the answers you need. I do not regret my decision on switching.