What's new

upgrade jailbroken ios 5.0.1 to 6.0.1

lexameg

Reaction score
hi i just need to know the easy way on how to upgrade my jailbroken iphone ios 5.0.1 to iso 6.0.1 without losing all my apps.
anyone here could tell me how? :)

lexameg said:
hi i just need to know the easy way on how to upgrade my jailbroken iphone ios 5.0.1 to iso 6.0.1 without losing all my apps.
anyone here could tell me how? :)

If you mean the jailbroken apps you got from Cydia, you will lose them as upgrading the iOS on your iPhone removes the jailbreak. When an iOS 6 jailbreak is released and you jailbreak, your jailbroken apps will be waiting for you, ready for download.

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

Hi, welcome to iPhoneForums. I'm Jon.

Please take some time to peruse the IPF Rules
: iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

Here are some guides that may suit your needs.
iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure |Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on this iOS/Jailbreak Status Thread

My particular field of expertise is iOS Jailbreaking and Unlocking.

All apps will be saved on your purchases on iTunes or on your computer when fully backed up. If we're talking about non-AppStore and non-Cydia apps, then you will not receive any assistance on that matter, since we do not condone piracy on iPhoneForums. Once you've backed up your phone completely on your computer, restore to iOS 6.0.1 using a DFU restore, and after the restoration, choose Restore from Backup for the initial setup. Not that you cannot rely on the "backing up" when you plug your device into your PC. You have to right click your device on the left taskbar in iTunes and select Backup.