What's new

Downgrade 6.0.1 to 5.0.1 without SSH Blobs????

Sparkles716

Reaction score
I have recently jailbroke my verizon iphone 4 using redsn0w & I love it being jailbroken but they're really are a lot of limitations with this ios. When I received my phone it was already running ios 6.0.1 (which was the latest version at the time). I was browsing google to see if I could downgrade my ios 6.0.1 to 5.0.1 without SSH blobs & I did find a site that had a tutorial, but before I tried I wanted to see if anyone could give me advice if it is possible or point me in the right direction. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

​My phone info:
Verizon Iphone 4
IOS 6.0.1
Jailbroke with Redsn0w 0.9.15b3

No, it is not possible to downgrade without blobs. There's no reason to go back to iOS5 anyway, all iOS6 firmwares are currently jailbreakable.

Like what? I am running iOS6 and I haven't come across a single tweak I use that is not compatible yet. There is no way to downgrade firmware without SHSH blobs on the iPhone4. The person in the thread you linked had theirs, that's why they were able to downgrade.

Majority of tweaks work on iOS 6. For those that don't work, there are decent substitutes for them that do support iOS 6 for the most part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

Thanks for the reply. I must've misread that part, I thought they didn't have the SSH blobs.