What's new

Jailbroken: Revert to Old Apps?

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4S 64GB iOS 6.0.1 jailbroken with evasi0n. Facebook and Instagram were updated to the latest versions, prior to jailbreaking and without updating to any later iOS than 6.0.1. Performance of these apps has sucked ever since.

Can I change them back to the versions optimized for iOS 6.0.1?

I have an iPhone 4S 64GB iOS 6.0.1 jailbroken with evasi0n. Facebook and Instagram were updated to the latest versions, prior to jailbreaking and without updating to any later iOS than 6.0.1. Performance of these apps has sucked ever since. Can I change them back to the versions optimized for iOS 6.0.1?
I'm afraid that unless you have the older versions of these apps stored in iTunes on your computer there is no way for you to acquire them legally.

P.S. As you are talking about a jailbroken iPhone, I've moved your post to the iPhone Jailbreaking forum, where it will receive more attention.

Last edited:
Thank you!

Also, I wish to do anything and everything to enhance the performance of my iPhone, not just entertainment stuff but anything that would make it function better, like faster internet browsing, faster downloading/uploading, etc...feel free to make suggestions, thanks in advance!

Thank you! Also, I wish to do anything and everything to enhance the performance of my iPhone, not just entertainment stuff but anything that would make it function better, like faster internet browsing, faster downloading/uploading, etc...feel free to make suggestions, thanks in advance!
The only way you can get faster internet browsing and faster download/upload speeds is to contact your internet service provider to ask about a faster internet service.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator