What's new

Upgrade documentation needed

Tricon7

Reaction score
I was told by another iPhone user that if I upgrade my iPhone 4 to the next iPhone up (whenever it comes out), it won't invalidate my current unlimited data plan. Can someone point me to any Verizon documentation anywhere which states this? My local drone Verizon representative (who probably makes minimum wage) said upgrading my phone would completely invalidate my contract, thus erasing my unlimited data plan. I hope she's wrong, but at this point I don't know who's right.

I'm going to have to get my magnifying glass out and go over the fine print in my Verizon contract. I just thought someone may know this information offhand. But I'm going to need something other than just an assertion that she's wrong.

Thanks.

She is wrong, your not upgrading your plan just your phone. The only time a new plan is in place is if you are purchaseing a new phone that has never had service before.

She is wrong, your not upgrading your plan just your phone. The only time a new plan is in place is if you are purchaseing a new phone that has never had service before.

Thanks. But as I said, it's your word against hers. She's just as adamant that she's correct. Can you show me where it's written to support your position? That would be helpful.

I hope it's not your wife/girlfriend your arguing with. if your wrong your screwed. if your right your screwed.

If you can transfer your current contract stuff to your new phone you can keep unlimited I guess.

If a new person starts a new contract they may not get unlimited.

I don't think it is known if Verizon will allow for its first iPhone Unlimited data plan users to keep their special Unlimited data plans yet. Although I geniuinly doubt it.

Tricon 7, please for the love of god, learn how to use Google for yourself.

Verizon: Unlimited 3G Customers Can Keep Unlimited When Upgrading to 4G LTE Data Plans

[Updated: Existing Customers Can Keep Unlimited Data] Editorial: Why Verizon's Tiered Data Plans Will Punish Everyone - Not Just Heavy Data Users

Those two links took less than 10 second to look up. Quit being lazy and learn to research on your own.
So what if u found it in 10 secs?! This thread will be buried in hours and only help future posters that actually do use the search feature.

Please for the love of God why don't you quit being such a...

...well you already know, right? I'm sure you've heard it plenty of times before

Last edited:

Verizon: Unlimited 3G Customers Can Keep Unlimited When Upgrading to 4G LTE Data Plans

[Updated: Existing Customers Can Keep Unlimited Data] Editorial: Why Verizon's Tiered Data Plans Will Punish Everyone - Not Just Heavy Data Users

Those two links took less than 10 second to look up. Quit being lazy and learn to research on your own.
So what if u found it in 10 secs?! This thread will be buried in hours and only help future posters that actually do use the search feature.

Please for the love of God why don't you quit being such a...

...well you already know, right? I'm sure you've heard it plenty of times before

You have made two mistakes.

1) I already know the information will be buried here. Hence why I suggested to him in another thread to use Google, so that there would be no doubt of the materials he researched and he would learn a valuable skill in the process.

2) Assuming I don't know who I am. I use reason and logic here. When the two fail, I resort to using something that should catch the readers attention at their level. And then bring them back to the true dialog so that the process of learning can continue.

The difference between us is experience. Simply put, you don't know me. Which means your opinion of me is based on nothing and that makes it useless. And since posting on this forum can not convey tone, your assumptions of what I mean are simply a reflection of your own attitudes toward yourself. Something for you to consider going forward.

You know, SkullOne, if one searches long and hard enough on Google, all the mysteries of life can eventually be solved, probably. So why go to any forum for answers? Maybe someone has the answer right off the top of his head, or maybe you like the interaction with other iPhone lovers, or you're at your wits end trying to find the answer at Google, etc, etc, etc.

This isn't your first time to show irritation at users. Go get a punching bag and take out your irritations on it and eat some chocolate or something.

Folks I have the sense that everyone needs to give this a rest.

I understand frustrations and individual concerns because someone is asking instead of researching. However, that does not warrant members starting a flaming/bashing war. If this continues I will close the thread and issue infractions.

Mike

You know, SkullOne, if one searches long and hard enough on Google, all the mysteries of life can eventually be solved, probably. So why go to any forum for answers? Maybe someone has the answer right off the top of his head, or maybe you like the interaction with other iPhone lovers, or you're at your wits end trying to find the answer at Google, etc, etc, etc.

This isn't your first time to show irritation at users. Go get a punching bag and take out your irritations on it and eat some chocolate or something.

No one remembers a fully qualified "URL" for the fun of it concerning "What features or contract a company is offering". Hence they would have to do the SAME EXACT google look up that you should have done from day one. Oh and I did have the answer off the top of my head. You simply choose to ignore my comment along with several others in other threads, even one with links in them.

And please don't make the same mistake as others about me. I don't get irritated, flustered, twitterpated, bamboozled, annoyed, flabbergasted, upset, etc. What I do is change the tone of the text to see if I can find the written word phrasing that makes a connection with the person I am interacting with. And if the connection is made, then I raise the conversation back to what you might call "an even keel" as soon as possible to reestablish a meaningful discussion.

See I believe beyond all shadow of a doubt that ignorance is not a bad thing and that it can be corrected with meaningful dialog once that dialog is established. The only time I ever walk away is when stupidity takes over. Because simply put, you can't change stupid.