What's new

updating on another computer

JimboTD5

Reaction score
hi, sorry not too hot with computers, my laptop that I used to use for my phone is on the blink and I want to upgrade to ios 5, so i downloaded itunes on my fathers computer to do it but I get a message saying because this isnt my computer my apps and stuff wont be carried over, is this right? Ive logged in and verified it any everything. if so how do i change it so i can transfer it all over because i think my old computer is good for the bin!

Apps music would all disappear. I have had the problem of my phone not being recognised loads since updating to ops 5. You would however be able to download all your apps and any paid for music for free. A bit of an inconvenience but the only way I can think of at the moment. Get all your photos and video recordings off your device before updating.

Authorize the pc and transfer your purchases. Backup and restore from that backup

For changing on another pc Open iTunes on your old pc. ThenConnect your iPod to your old pc and wait for it to appear in iTunes. Choose your iPod in the Source lite under the Gadgets area to display your iPod choices in the main archives window.