What's new

update jailbroken 3.1.3 help please

bradnandy

Reaction score
hi chaps, first post here.

im a total newbie to the workings of the jailbroken iphone, had mine done by the guy in the phone shop when we were getting the mrs her new contract. did it in about 5 mins, no computer or anything.

ive read all over the net about this but it all seems to go over my head.

my phone:
iPhone 3g
ios 3.1.3
firmware 05.12.01

i have all the cydia and installous installed etc.
i have no idea what program was used to jailbreak my phone originally sorry.

im wanting to update my iphone to 4.something as the speed etc is getting quite annoying.

how can i do this and keep or rejailbreak my phone without losing everything i downloaded from cydia?

in as simple terms as possible please guys for an iphone idiot :)

thanks in advance (and i know this question will be very annoying for most of you so sorry again)

Brad

hi chaps, first post here.

im a total newbie to the workings of the jailbroken iphone, had mine done by the guy in the phone shop when we were getting the mrs her new contract. did it in about 5 mins, no computer or anything.

ive read all over the net about this but it all seems to go over my head.

my phone:
iPhone 3g
ios 3.1.3
firmware 05.12.01

i have all the cydia and installous installed etc.
i have no idea what program was used to jailbreak my phone originally sorry.

im wanting to update my iphone to 4.something as the speed etc is getting quite annoying.

how can i do this and keep or rejailbreak my phone without losing everything i downloaded from cydia?

in as simple terms as possible please guys for an iphone idiot :)

thanks in advance (and i know this question will be very annoying for most of you so sorry again)

Brad

well firstly welcome to the forum!

secondly.. where did you buy it from and they even jailbroke it for you at the store?:S

jailbreak with out using a computer sounds like he could of used JailbreakMe but i did not think that worked for ios 3.1.3..

also my advise is dont upgrade to any 4.XX firmwares on the iphone 3g.. apple some times do say things for a good reason and putting any 4.XX firmware on a 3g is a big mistake, the latest version is 4.2.1 and there wont be another firmware for the iphone 3g.. it lags very badly and makes you wish you never upgraded, you will go crazy trying to downgrade, trust me

also iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials has some good tutorials on jailbreaking and unlocking if you need unlock.

hope that helps

hi, new to the forums, just need to clarify...so I have and iphone 3g also, and mine is jailbroken also with firmware 4.2.1...was thinking about upgrading it to the latest wich I heard is 4.3.3, should I do it? from what I read on your last post here is that it will lag...is that still true? I'd apreciate any help you can give me...thanks in advance... :)

hi, new to the forums, just need to clarify...so I have and iphone 3g also, and mine is jailbroken also with firmware 4.2.1...was thinking about upgrading it to the latest wich I heard is 4.3.3, should I do it? from what I read on your last post here is that it will lag...is that still true? I'd apreciate any help you can give me...thanks in advance... :)

it is not possible for you to upgrade to 4.3.3 because the last firmware that will ever be released for the iphone 3g is 4.2.1, apple has forgotten about the 3g now just as they will soon forget about the iphone 3gs when the next iphone is released

Need some help Fileape.com doesnt work for me. When used it at my friends house it worked. Is there something wrong with my wifi pox help.