What's new

unlocking iphone 4

malumbo

Reaction score
hi guyz i have an iphone 4 gsm ios 6.1.3 baseband 4.12.05 so i have requested a factory unlock using orange in the UK so they sent me an unlock email saying i must make sure device is up-to-date before proceeding with the instructions so my questions is due to the problems associated with ios 7 on iphone 4 should i still update or continue with the steps which start with restoring the iphone using itunes then the phone will be unlocked by apple. is it really that bad updating to ios 7 on iphone 4

It shouldn't matter. Depending on what they're asking you to do, there are alternatives that will emulate the same thing without having to update or restore your device

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalkhttp://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

Last edited:
so would you suggest that i go on with the unlock instructions rather then update to ios 7 or if ther others means of unlocking iphone 4 gsm ios 6.1.3 baseband 4.12.05 please help me and is iphone 4 with ios7 really that slow or people are exaggarting it

As I've said it depends on the instructions. If it's only that you restore and the unlock will take effect, then there's a workaround.

Good question, I have an unlock from Orange too, and was wondering about doing the upgrade to iOS 7 , which I don't want to do

Most carrier instructions asks that you restore your device and the unlock will process towards your device. The only reason you need to restore is so that you find yourself at the activation process once again. If that's all they're asking you to do, you can use RedSn0w to deactivate the device, then go through the activation process once again. Your data will not be affected.

im trying to figure out if my iphone 4s is unlocked it is an att and when i put a tmobile sim card in it the carrier changes but when i let it sit it reboots and tries to get me to put it through the activation process and it will not read the tmobile sim only the att sim?

You can use free IMEI checkers online to check for whether or not your device is unlocked

Sent from my iPad Mini