What's new

orange uk unlock

lankz92

Reaction score
so long story short i bought an iphone 4 off ebay, its barred and locked to orange uk, (im in ireland so should work here once unlocked)

tought id be able to unlock it through a jailbreak but unfortunately it was updated to the latest ios so im out of luck!

anyone know if theres anywhere that can unlock it for a reasonable price? only place i can find is £110 thats more than the phone cost me!

everywhere keeps saying dont bother waiting on ultrasn0w when imei unlocks can be got for $5, i havent seen anywhere selling them even near that price,

any help would be appreciated, thanks.

IMEI unlocks in the US average $5. That pretty much only applies for the US. Prices will vary depending on who you get it from. I've heard £25-50 from carriers, as much as £75 from certain distributors and as much as £180 as well. My recommendation, if your iPhone fits the bill, buy a Gevey SIM for about 30 USD. The con about an interposer like the Gevey is that you can't upgrade your iOS or baseband until Gevey's updated their end or you'll lose your unlock

IMEI unlocks in the US average $5. That pretty much only applies for the US. Prices will vary depending on who you get it from. I've heard £25-50 from carriers, as much as £75 from certain distributors and as much as £180 as well. My recommendation, if your iPhone fits the bill, buy a Gevey SIM for about 30 USD. The con about an interposer like the Gevey is that you can't upgrade your iOS or baseband until Gevey's updated their end or you'll lose your unlock

gevey wont work for me at the minute, im on the latest ios and baseband,
theres one for the iphone 4s but not the iphone 4 as far as i know

Hi, exactly same problem, 2nd hand orange iPhone 4s want to use local carriers when abroad, but Orange say no cigar. Crazy I want to pay them but they don't want the Money. if you find a way either IMEI or jailbreak, please post. As I'm about to give up and EBay a perfectly good phone. Morale I suppose is avoid 2nd hand :camera:Orange if you ever want to use outside of UK. thanks for the apple n berry site but they can only do O2 and voda phone......regards.

Orange UK unlocks are expensive for some reason. I have just looked on ebay and see the lowest for £89.99. There are also many scammers around so be careful.

Orange UK unlocks are expensive for some reason. I have just looked on ebay and see the lowest for £89.99. There are also many scammers around so be careful.
I believe the reason is because Orange and T-Mobile have joined forces to become EE. I heard from a friend that they are no longer unlocking Orange or T-Mobile Devices as they are effectively disbanding the brands. An EE Sim Card will work in any T-Mobile or Orange Device.