What's new

unlocked iphone ???

gritts

Reaction score
hi everyone,i purchased a unlocked iphone 4 straight from apple so it accepts any sim of my choice,im eagerly awaiting the jailbreak as so many others are but i have one question if anyone knows,when i jailbreak the phone i take it i dont need to install the yellowsnow in cydia as im already unlocked is that right ?

cheers

hi everyone,i purchased a unlocked iphone 4 straight from apple so it accepts any sim of my choice,im eagerly awaiting the jailbreak as so many others are but i have one question if anyone knows,when i jailbreak the phone i take it i dont need to install the yellowsnow in cydia as im already unlocked is that right ?

cheers

Yes, all you will need is the jailbreak. In my opinion this is the way to go so when there are future upgrades you might lose the jailbreak but not the overall function of the phone.

What do you gain by jailbreaking an officially Apple unlocked iPhone?

More importantly, what do you loose? Battery life? Stability? ????

This is an honest question from someone who does not know, not a trolling question. I will be buying my iPhone 4 in Hong Kong once they become available. Then I can use it anywhere with a local SIM.

All you gain is cydia the cracked app store. Also as you stated you lose some stability,speed and battery life.

All you gain is cydia the cracked app store. Also as you stated you lose some stability,speed and battery life.

Is it generally considered a fair trade? I wonder what percentage of officially unlocked iPhones are jailbroken vs. Locked iPhones.

In the UK I would assume more buy factory unlocked. In the US.... Jailbreak is pretty much the only way to go unless you pay out the nose on eBay.

not really, i mean there are so many handy apps and refused apps by apple like vlc player and sbsettings and the ability to customise the phone like changing boot logo and slide to unlock and the slide icon.. or to use ssh to change sms tone or to have the snes emulator and other emus and to add so many of those sweet cydia apps.. and also with ssh you can delete those apps you just might not want like stocks? wtfrig do i want that there for only to waste space lol

though i wont be jailbreaking either

In the UK I would assume more buy factory unlocked. In the US.... Jailbreak is pretty much the only way to go unless you pay out the nose on eBay.

i think thats correct. sim free or nothing for me and i am happy uk decided to sell them sim free this year for cheaper then my home country. we have it for 999 euros the 32GB and i paid 600 here in the uk :D the people who made the phone and you cant even chose what carrier you want or officially use pay as you go? :/

Last edited:
thanks for replys,in my opinion an iphone is not worth getting unless u intend to unlock it,u can do so much more with it unlocked my mates at work have iphones which arent unlocked and they cant do half the things my old 3g can,i paid £500 gbp for my iphone 4 and will unlock it as soon as it comes out its boring without it,there are so many apps and other stuff u cannot put on a locked iphone

yeah jailbreak i mean im already unlocked,at the moment im buying apps for the iphone 4 its costing a fortune i want to see what the retina display is like and i must say NOVA is outstanding and PES is really smooth compared to my 3g,i had a sony psp and i would say the iphone 4 matches it

nah the apps dont cost much and instead of getting them cracked the dev deserves the money for all his/her hard work, imagine the time it took them to code the app or game or whatever they made how hard it was, i tried coding you need to know what your doing, or pay for an application that does it for you