What's new

Need Help about how to update..

jaypee99

Reaction score
hi
first im new here..

and i really dont know anything about Iphone much..

i just paid someone to unlock my phone and jailbreak it..

now i have IPHONE 3GS with IOS 4.1 and a Firmware of 06.15.00 cydia 1.1.6
(already unlock)

in my cydia i have info

SHSH: IOS 4.1 , 6.0.1 , 6.1.2

i need help for

cause i want to update my phone to a higher IOS (still jailbreak)

since with my IOS 4.1 i can't use much apps

can anyone here can teach me how..

what do i need to do..
what files do i need
and how to do it..

i found many guides not only here but on other website.. but the problem is.. i dont understand what are they trying to say..
if anyone can teach me how.. please thanks

and please make it simple so i can understand it.
newbie here XD

thanks waiting for a reply

also i think my IPHONE 3GS have a NEW BOOT ROOM since when i make to a technician.. he Open my Iphone to see if he can jailbreak it or not..
he said something about color red (no idea what is it ) XD

up

please anyone can help me..

i want to update my Iphone even with just 4.2 cause i want to install viber XD

thanks

Check your PM.

I'm assuming that your device is currently still on iOS 4.1, still on the iPad Baseband and not restored in any way. If that's the case, then you can use RedSn0w to restore to iOS 6.0.1, which has an UltraSn0w Fixer so that you can unlock your phone, and that your device can run apps and tweaks from both the AppStore and Cydia.

First off you'll need to download the iOS 6.0.1 IPSW for the iPhone 3GS. Then you'll need to download RedSn0w 0.9.15 beta 3.

Run RedSn0w as an administrator

Click on Extras.

Click on Even More.

Click on Restore.

Click on IPSW and point RedSn0w to the iOS 6.0.1 IPSW that you downloaded.

For blobs, select Remote.

Then a series of messages will pop up.

One of them will say whether you want to preserve your baseband. Make sure you read this carefully and choose the answer that will cause RedSn0w to preserve your baseband. Otherwise, you'll end up with errors since the iPad Baseband is higher than the current highest legitimate baseband of the 3GS.

When prompted to, put the device into DFU mode. Let RedSn0w do its thing.

Once the restore is complete, you'll need to put your device into DFU mode and kick it out of recovery mode using a Recovery Fix.

Your 3GS is now on iOS 6.0.1, still with the iPad Baseband and not jailbroken yet. We'll move on after your device is at this point.

just question sir.. if i follow your instruction.. what will happen to my Iphone..

what i mean willl all my save date will be erase?
now my Iphone is already Unlock.. if i do that.. is my Iphone will still be unlock.. that i can still use any sim i want..

Restoring of any kind will wipe your device, this goes for all phones. Backup your data before you restore. Your phone is unlocked using UltraSn0w. If you want to unlock it again, you'll need to re-jailbreak it on iOS 6. And as I said in the PM reply, if your only intentions for upgrading and jailbreaking is for piracy and installing cracked apps, you will receive absolutely ZERO assistance with your matter in this forum

well im very sorry sir..

i have no intention of piracy..

im just answering your question..

my only intention here is if anyone can help me..

update my IOS and still be jailbreak.. so that i can use Viber..

viber is an free apps in apple store.. i think its not piracy..

hope you can forgive me and still help me..

again im very sorry im just new here

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...ple-ios-firmware-download-links-iphone-17213/

Following the instructions will upgrade your device. Backup your device using iTunes before following the instructions above. Then after you've restored, jailbreak using RedSn0w. It'll tether jailbreak and hacktivate your device, allowing you to bypass the setup menu since you don't have an original SIM. Then in Cydia, install Evasi0n Untether and UltraSn0w as long as the UltraSn0w Fixer for iOS 6.1

ok sir.. thanks for forgiving me...

can i ask one thing.. just for clarifications..
if they as me if i want to "preserve your baseband" i will answer yes right?
thanks

so i already download

the iOS 6.0.1 IPSW for the iPhone 3GS from this guide http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...ple-ios-firmware-download-links-iphone-17213/
by:f4780y

and RedSn0w 0.9.15 beta 3 (Latest): from your guide http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/can-i-jailbreak-my-iphone-ios-x-x-x-thread-51577/
by:Willerz2

ok i will follow the guide first then when im already done.. i will pm u again..
by the way thanks again for the help.. its a big help..

hope your not mad at me.. its my mistake.. promise i also dont promote piracy..

thanks

You're not in any trouble. Just laying down the base of discussion and the do's/don'ts.

hi sir.. im having a problem now...

when i run as admin the resnow.. then click extra > Even more > Restore >IPSW and point RedSn0w to the iOS 6.0.1 IPSW

then i connect my Iphone to my computer then DFU mode.. then when i run.. i will have failed exploit or the redsnow will crush....
For blobs, i cant select Remote. since it cannot be click.. then when i enter the IPSW it start loading till waiting for re boot.. then when i iphone reboot..

i will get the msg of failed exploit

hi sir.. im having a problem now...

when i run as admin the resnow.. then click extra > Even more > Restore >IPSW and point RedSn0w to the iOS 6.0.1 IPSW

then i connect my Iphone to my computer then DFU mode.. then when i run.. i will have failed exploit or the redsnow will crush....
For blobs, i cant select Remote. since it cannot be click.. then when i enter the IPSW it start loading till waiting for re boot.. then when i iphone reboot..

i will get the msg of failed exploit

Hi--please take a moment to read the forum rules about duplicating posts for your needs.

I have also removed your last 3 posts here as it is considered bumping a thread to gather attention!

I just deleted your other post as it was a duplicate of this one. Please do not do this since it makes it hard for other members to read and help you of there are multiple threads of the same topic present. It is also against forum rules.

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Retrieve the blobs, host them and send me the link.

@skimonkey.. ohh my bad sorry about that...

@willerz2 what do you mean by "Retrieve the blobs, host them and send me the link. "

sorry but im new here i dont know what you mean...

can u teach me how to Retrieve the blobs... and what is the blobs?

heheh thanks sir