What's new

Unjailbreak for warranty claim

funkyr

Reaction score
Hi all,

My 4S needs a warranty claim and I have iOS 5.0.1 (9A405) jailbroken with absinthe.

I heard you do this to wipe the jailbreak (and update to 5.1.1):
Plug in phone to PC, power off. Hold menu and power button for 10 seconds, release power button but continue to hold menu for an additional 30 seconds. The screen is now black and the phone is in DFU mode. Open Itunes on your computer, it will pop up and say it sees an Iphone in recovery mode and prompt you to update and restore. Agree to the prompts and sit back/relax as Itunes downloads the latest IOS and flashes unjailbroken firmware to your device. It will reboot as a stock, wiped device.

Will Apple be able to tell that it was JB before when I bring it in for a warranty claim?

Thanks

All you have to do is hit "restore" in iTunes, that's it. And no, Apple will not be able to tell that it was ever jailbroken.

Side note. I had my 4s 5.1.1 JB at a wireless store that is no longer in service. How can I tell switch format / method they used?

It can also be jailbroken via Redsn0w, there's no way to find out what method they used to jailbreak since all methods produce the same end-result.

It can also be jailbroken via Redsn0w, there's no way to find out what method they used to jailbreak since all methods produce the same end-result.
Oh ok... my bad. I thought Absinthe was the only tool that worked on the 4S. LOL!!!