What's new

Unix/mac

sjean

Reaction score
Okay I'm in need of advice, iv got some unix files on a disc and I can't seem to open them on my MacBook, can anyone give me some advice on how to do this please :) thanks

what files are you trying to run? might be easier to get mac versions of the files

It's pictures and movie clips I want to open and I don't really no much about getting a unix file open

pictures use iphoto and movie clips use vlc player or quicktime or any number of movie playing apps

I have tried to do that from the disc, would it be better to copy them from disc and move to my desktop first?

wont make a difference but those file types can easily be opened from the mac, do you have the right apps installed on your mac? iphoto? vlc player? quick time player? or any other that plays it? and what file format is the movie? mp4? avi? mkv? mpeg?

I don't know what format they are in, but I do have all those programs. When I tryed opening them before it didn't show any programs to open with.

well the pics should automatically use iphoto and download vlc player for the mac

I'll have to find another way to open them as it's unix format it won't open iv tried

unix format movie file? unix format picture??????????

i am guessing the pic is .jpg? .bmp? .gif? ...anything will work on windows or mac or unix. and video files as long as you have the right video player it will work. its not locked to only unix.. your thinking of applications where .dmg is mac only and .exe windows and . what ever for unix