What's new

Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

vomitspray

Reaction score
I'm a nu bee to the ios operating system. Late October a friend of mine(very technically challenged), tossed his iPhone 4 at me. The battery was dead and I had no data cable. So, without doing any research I got a data cable and started to play. When I had it finally up and running, it was ios 5, cool I thought, untill I started doing research and found out that I had bs 04.11.08...hosed from the start! So now I have an untethered ios5.0.1 I have read and reread all the " " from the Dev teams paying attention to what words they all use and I have really just one Question
I know that this OS (ios 5, 5.0.1) is Unix based, and that the jail breaking tools and Cydia is loaded with Debian Linux. So, this is my Question:
If I wanted to tweak on and hack at the ios 5.0.1 on my iPhone 4, what OS would I get the best results from, Windows, Mac, or a Linux? I'm not asking for advice on doing anything illegal, just what would I get the best results from?

Mac OS will give you much more flexibilities than the other OS because there are so many files with extensions which other OS may not be able to natively read where by Xcode and Mac OS will be able to read them easily.
Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for your reply, I guess I need to look at what spare stuff I have that I might be able to make some kind of Hackintosh PC out of. I look forward to leaving some more interesting questions later... thanks again
so when I get myself into a position to ask questions moving forward from my first question, is there anywhere in the forums specifically I should look to gain knowledge, before I post any questions, like about thing like making a hackintosh pc related or more general about the file structure of ios systems...stuff in those directions. And thanks again for any input...

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, I guess I need to look at what spare stuff I have that I might be able to make some kind of Hackintosh PC out of. I look forward to leaving some more interesting questions later... thanks again
so when I get myself into a position to ask questions moving forward from my first question, is there anywhere in the forums specifically I should look to gain knowledge, before I post any questions, like about thing like making a hackintosh pc related or more general about the file structure of ios systems...stuff in those directions. And thanks again for any input...

This forum is only for the daily and simple iPhone users. I don't think that you will receive much help here about the structure of the ipsw or whatsoever. I recommend you to join the developer program on Apple websites for more info regarding ios and its structures.

Discussions of piracy will not be tolerated on this forum. A "Hackintosh" is considered just that.

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.