What's new

Uninstalled ultrasnow on jailbreaked iphone 3gs!!! What to do now??

Qxx1

Reaction score
my brother sent me a iphone 3gs from USA (im in India).It awas jailbroken and unlocked in USA. It was working supurb till yesterday when the ultrasnow was uninstalled accidently by MYSELF --!! and after that there are no signals and sim failure mesages are all i am left with..i tryed resetting the phone by holding both the buttons till the phone reboots and starts again but nothing worked. No signals and sim failure message.
Now mt iphone 3GS has 4.2.1 OS and Modern Firmware is 06.15.00
Now i saw a few videos of jailbreaking and it was not something that i cannot do..but i need to know the right softwares.
I am intending to jailbreak it with redsnow 0.9.6 beta 2 and firmware 4.2.1 can i proceed ?? any info would only help guys..

Can I ask how did you accidentally uninstall it? Did you go into Cydia and open ultrasn0w and uninstall it that way or did you restore to the latest firmware?

well actually i had no idea (till yesterday) about unlocking,jailbreaking,cydia n stuff.
cydia was showing 2 on the icon i opened and made some more taps..now it was loading slowely but the buttons were visible (i dont even remember what it said confirm or upgrade!!) last thing i remember is uninstalling ultraXXXXX somthing and iphone rebootedi had my mind i dont know where but now i am in trouble.When the phone booted there was no service..i thought it may be network problem but even after 1-2 hours i noticed there was no service at all..i pulled re inserted the sim and it said sim failure..its then i looked on the internet and tried to figure out what happened and soon i knew about ultraSNOW that i uninstalled.

Ok of it was a simple uninstall in cydia then go back into cydia do a search for ultrasn0w and just re install it, what ever you do don't restore in iTunes !!!!

thanks for that quick reply..but i cannot re install it : network error
i went in cydia-->search-->ultrasnow i got one with "x" inside a black circle icon i open it screen shows connection error "Unable to load the internet connection appears to be offline" and on the top right corner there is a option "Install" i tap that screen shows same message but the top right corner messahe changes to "confirm" i tap that but same connection problem message and im back to install button screen.
Do i need internet for this?
i cannot get my phone connected to internet (i dont have wi fi connection)
What next i also dont have wi-fi.

You need to connect to a wi-fi network to download it from Cydia. Otherwise you can manually download it on your computer, use SSH to transfer it to the phone and manually install it. Much easier to just hop on a wi-fi network and download it straight through Cydia though.

which version of ultrasnow should i use??

ok i managed to get my iphone connect via wi fi to my laptop for internet using a adhock network but cydia seems to fail downloading ultrasnow..
actually how would i know everything is fine and done??
i searched ultrasnow in cydia -->Install-->confirm then it says downloading but then a few red lines come and below comes "return to cydia"
i tried many times sometimes it reaches redline from very first line sometimes it shows redlines after a few white lines..what the hell is happining here guys..?
ok also i dont know about SSH??

ok something more..just got it
i tried again here is what the screen says:
------------------------------------
Complete
x (in red color circle) NetDB: Open nodename nor servername provided, or not known
Downloading ultrasnow
Done ultrasnow
x (in red color circle) NetDB: Open nodename nor servername provided, or not known
Retun to cydia
-------------------------
what happened ?is it installed / downloaded or not??
when i "return to cydia" i see ultrasnow and info and in the top right corner Install i tap that and Confirm screen shows up it says:
-------------------------------------------
cancel confirm
continue queuing
stats downloading 68.2 kb (it does not increase)
modifications Install Mobile Substract,ultrasnow
--------------------------------------------------------------
i tap on confirm-->Running screen then it changes to Perform Selection nothing comes in the screen to select and then it says complete with the same red cross message line

hey guys guess what i got it working now thanks to u all thanks a TON ;)
what i did goes here: i was searchin for SSH thing and came across site that had used iexplorer to put ultrasnow in the iphone and then i rebooted and got it working..now my signals are back.. ;)) thans everyone for ur much much valuable time and help..
thanks guys