What's new

Uninstall jailbreak iphone 4

bibala

Reaction score
My iphone 4, v4.1 with jailbreak, I was trying to restore it and uninstall its jailbreak, but i guess when i pressed Restore on iTunes, it automatically updated its version to 4.3, so now its blocked, and on the screen there is only the iTunes icon and the USB cable icon.

I just want to uninstall the jailbreak, and update the fw to 4.3.

Thank you.

Hi there, I think I know the problem and solution. Do you have a pc or mac?

My iphone 4, v4.1 with jailbreak, I was trying to restore it and uninstall its jailbreak, but i guess when i pressed Restore on iTunes, it automatically updated its version to 4.3, so now its blocked, and on the screen there is only the iTunes icon and the USB cable icon.

I just want to uninstall the jailbreak, and update the fw to 4.3.

Thank you.

Just connect your phone to your computer and cilc restore in itune and it will restore it to the latest iOS which is 4.3.1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried doing it! But in the end it says it can restore my iPhone. And also says there is an unknown mistake (1013).

After that, another window pops up saying that iTunes detected an iPhone in recovery mode. That I should restore this iPhone before so it can be used by iTunes.

Any ideas of what it might be??

I have a Mac!
Thank you!

Before syncing goto the following folder:

C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc

In there there is a file called hosts (without a .xxx extension) open it with notepad.

At the bottom of the file there will be either 1 or 2 lines with the address gs.apple.com delete the line(s).

Save and close the file and then connect phone to iTunes.

I tried doing it! But in the end it says it can restore my iPhone. And also says there is an unknown mistake (1013).

After that, another window pops up saying that iTunes detected an iPhone in recovery mode. That I should restore this iPhone before so it can be used by iTunes.

Any ideas of what it might be??

I have a Mac!
Thank you!

Do u have internet while try to restore? Because when your device is in DFU mode, iTune will try to update your usb driver and second it will try to check what's the version of firmware you was having on the phone, so u need a stable internet. Do u have the latest itune installed on your computer? If not, update your iTune and try restoring again and see if it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've already tried doing the hosts file, but there is no line writen gs.apple.com or anything similar to that!

Yes, i have stable internet, wi-fi, but I i have not the latest version for iTunes, im updating it right now!! Hope that was the problem! =]

thank you guys!